What music program do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What music program do you use?

• Winamp

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Windows Media Player

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Itunes

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Other (please post in thread)

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
MrBrau1 said:

That will take a while. A long while. AAC sounds better and are smaller than MP3. I only convert to MP3 when burning a disc for my car (I have a MP3 player)

Really. Okay. I didn't know that. AAC files are smaller than MP3s so I thought they weren't as good. What do I know. I was actually thinking of reuploading some of my favourite albums as mp3s

I have actually decide to leave them as is and I will just convert as needed. I will have to paste your instructions somewhere memorable.

Thanks again.

hey i've got an itunes question.

there's a shared music playlist on the menu bar....it says stuff like "james [my dorm building name] 310 (or some number)", does this mean i'm importing playlists or something from other people in my building?

what gives? this amanda girl has horrible taste, by the way....

IWasBored said:
hey i've got an itunes question.

there's a shared music playlist on the menu bar....it says stuff like "james [my dorm building name] 310 (or some number)", does this mean i'm importing playlists or something from other people in my building?

what gives? this amanda girl has horrible taste, by the way....

You're not importing, you can just play their songs because they're on the network. You cant pull songs from them onto your computer though. I wish you could, I've seen a few things I wouldnt mind on my network here. But yeah, the majority is complete garbage. Celine Dion's best of? I dont think so.

Strictly Windows Media Player here....my car plays WMA files, which translates to about 20 CDs onto one disc, at 96kbs recording mode, which is not perfect, but is worth not having 8 books of CDs in my car....(I have only about a dozen CDs total now)....

I use Windows Media Player and find it's only fault is it can get cumbersome when you open the media library. Speaking of which, I've asked Dr Teeth this before but forgot what he told me lol, how do you re-import your music folders into the library? Mine have all changed location so I have multiple listings of the same songs which I want to get rid of and ultimately one day clean up my music so it's organised.

u2popmofo said:

You're not importing, you can just play their songs because they're on the network. You cant pull songs from them onto your computer though. I wish you could, I've seen a few things I wouldnt mind on my network here. But yeah, the majority is complete garbage. Celine Dion's best of? I dont think so.

:up:

it's good they weren't being imported. in addition to hating the kids on the second and third floors for sucking and majing my job as security miserable, i now hate them for their shitty shitty taste in music.

The player I use most often is probably Winamp w/ several plug-ins. I've started to use iTunes more but it won't play FLAC, APE, or SHN at all and I have at least 60 gigs of those files. :slant:

I also use Foobar and Windows Media Player occasionally.

Since I don't have a Macintosh or Windows-based system, I don't use the programs mentioned. For my Linux system I use Madman. This program totally rocks. It's fast, easy to use and extensive. No problem playing albums in the correct order, finding a specific artist (or album or song), etc. :up:
Oh, the actual music player is XMMS, should anyone be interested in that. :)

typhoon said:
I've been using Winamp since before I hit puberty.

I use iTunes on my Powerbook, though. It's nice, but I die a little inside knowing that there's a llama out there whose ass is going unwhipped.

Heh...good one. I enjoy that little Winamp sound clip.

I used Winamp until I got an iPod. Now I primarily use iTunes. However, I use Winamp still when I want to play more "exotic" music files like SHN, which I have Winamp plugins for.

Melon

I use winamp.

with my ipod it sorta makes me want to use itunes, but I can't quite bring myself to.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
you can reset itunes to do mp3s. just go to edit-preferences-importing tab, and there should be an option to change it. i go back and forth between when i want to put things in my ipod (m4a) and when i want to burn mp3 cds (mp3s)

Litle question: I have many songs now pn that m4a what I did was to simply edit the song name from songname to songname . Do you know if that`s all right. It still plays. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom