What movies rock your world??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
meegannie said:

I'm jealous. I'm not going because I have no friends to go with, and movies are too expensive. :|

Real film fans go alone to the cinema, its true.

I' have my ticket booked too, unfortunately nowhere here seems to have a late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning showing, so I'm booked for 10:30am on Wednesday. Was only ?2.75 as well (about $4.30) will hardly break the bank.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Month Python & the Holy Grail
The Bad Seed (the original)
Carrie
Terms of Endearment
Steel Magnolias
Titanic
Goodfellas
Bull Durham
Mask
The Man in the Moon (not the Jim Carrey movie)
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Young Frankenstein
Platoon
Romancing the Stone

A nice Christmas present

The Two Towers opens on Boxing Day at our old local picture theatre...that's it, I'm going dressed as an elf...I'm excited.
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest- great movie:yes: " that crazy enough for ya?"( nurse ratchett and what she did to Billy was evil)

How could I forget Highlander? It's about Conor Macleod of Clan Macleod played by Christopher Lambert ( Johnny Greystoke:tongue: ) There is a race of immortals who are have to destroy one another. I think the first movie is the best( and not just because Queen did the music and Sean Connery looks so dashing and the Scottish highland scenery) It explores Conor's relationship with a mortal woman, Heather...one of my favourite scenes:drool: "who wants to live forever?"Maybe a bit violent for some...good if you like sword fights. An Australian director Russell Mulcahy who often worked with INXS made the first one. The underground carpark scenes wiht the wet floor had Russell written all over it. Sorry big rave...but I love that one.
We quite enjoyed the Mullholland Drive video last night...a recommendation I read about here @ Interference. ty

I found out the other day I have astigmatism and am getting prescription glasses asap.I was born with eye lenses shaped like rugby balls instead of soccer balls hahahaha.What a way to describe it! The goggles will make books , movies and the computer much less tiring and more enjoyable and me look far more intelligent...i hope. I think I have been reading by the memory of what the shape of words look like and hardly watching any TV or movies( except RAGE!!)The internet/computer was the last thing I wanted to give up...of course! Wiith any luck it will take care of the dyslexia and also ...the TYPOS!!! One funny thing, the glasses means a compromise between clarity and perception...walls and floors may appear curved and I may feel taller or shorter for a while!?One friend said I'll be like Alice in Wonderland and I'm not to go following any white rabbits.
I can't wait to SEE the next movie...:yes: :wave:

Say Anything
Star Wars
The Wizard of Oz
Little Women
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Tootsie
Oscar and Lucinda
Silence of the Lambs
All the President's Men
Glory
Last of the Mohicans
Signin' in the Rain
West Side Story
Pretty in Pink
The Breakfast Club
Dirty Dancing (I'm REALLY embarrased to own up to that one...)

sharry_lt said:

what was the highlander about?...i forgot.:scratch:

Connor Macleod was born in 1518 in the Highlands of Scotland. In 1536, after facing a mysterious, evil opponent, he survives a fatal stab wound and is banished from his village, for they believe his survival is the work of the Devil. Five years later, Macleod is met by Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, a Spanish swordsman who teaches Macleod the awful truth; he is immortal, one of a race of many who can only die when the head is cut from the body. When one immortal takes the head of another, the loser's power is absorbed into the winner. Ramirez teaches Macleod the ways of the sword, until Ramirez is tragically killed by Connor's ultimate opponent, the evil Kurgan, a murderous immortal brute who lusts for the ultimate power of the immortals, "The Prize"; enough power to rule the earth forever. Connor fights his way through the centuries, until the time of the Gathering, when the few immortals who have survived the endless battles come together to fight until only one remains, and that winner will receive The Prize. The time: 1985. The place: New York City. The final fight is about to begin, and in the end, there can be only one.

in no particular order:

the fellowship of the ring (can't wait for the two towers to be out)
the usual suspects
the spanish prisoner
the royal tennenbaums
memento
the matrix
bowling for columbine
a hard day's night
help
rattle and hummonty python and the holy grail

there's probably ONE more i can't remember

deep said:

Connor Macleod was born in 1518 in the Highlands of Scotland. In 1536, after facing a mysterious, evil opponent, he survives a fatal stab wound and is banished from his village, for they believe his survival is the work of the Devil. Five years later, Macleod is met by Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez, a Spanish swordsman who teaches Macleod the awful truth; he is immortal, one of a race of many who can only die when the head is cut from the body. When one immortal takes the head of another, the loser's power is absorbed into the winner. Ramirez teaches Macleod the ways of the sword, until Ramirez is tragically killed by Connor's ultimate opponent, the evil Kurgan, a murderous immortal brute who lusts for the ultimate power of the immortals, "The Prize"; enough power to rule the earth forever. Connor fights his way through the centuries, until the time of the Gathering, when the few immortals who have survived the endless battles come together to fight until only one remains, and that winner will receive The Prize. The time: 1985. The place: New York City. The final fight is about to begin, and in the end, there can be only one.
thanx-that really refreshed my mind!:yes:

memento
seven
fight club
12 monkeys
american history x
donnie darko
office space
x files
insomnia
the shining
primal fear
conspiracy theory

honorable mentions:
indiana jones
the saint
the fugitive
the game

Last edited:
Im surprised Deep hasnt posted his list.
He is an intense movie buff:)

Anyway a few more-
The Piano
Braveheart
What Dreams May Come:)

The Falcon and the Snowman
American History X:yes:
The Dead Zone
Say Anything:up:
Phantom of the Paradise

..more later.

DB9

Last edited:
Hmmm...

My favorite movie is "Good Morning, Vietnam".

I also like:

Dead Poets' Society
The Nightmare Before Christmas (the animation in there is cool)
Of Mice And Men (we watched this movie in my American Experience class last year, I thought it was good)
Tommy Boy
Liar, Liar
The World According To Garp
The Wizard Of Oz
The Wedding Singer

Just to name a few.

*Also likes animated Disney movies.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom