what movies have you seen recently ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~fairy_girl~

Acrobat
post here ANY movies u have seen at cinema / bought / rented etc ...

the other day i bought the sweetest thing on dvd :lmao: was sooo bloody funny, i know its a silly movie but i found it really funny and its just the sort of things me and my friends would do ;)

also saw donnie darko, bloody excellent :D i downloaded this and the picture wasnt great but it was well good. a little hard to 'get' in some places, need to watch it again i think ...

also been watching monsters inc with the kids alot lately ... its the fave movie of theirs recently - which means we have to watch it practically every day :rolleyes: i like the outtakes haha that slug woman ROZ where she goes haaa haaaa haaaa so funny ;) and little baby boo the outtakes are so good its like shes a real child
:cute: so cute.

also been watching '24' with keifer sutherland, :drool: watched series one cos my bro got it on dvd ... soooo fab. series 2 started here last week which we taped cos we hadn't seen all of S1 ...

thats all i have to add right now ...

Saw "The Quiet American" last night. A very interesting portrayal of early 1950s Vietnam.

Melon

fight club, i rented it a few weeks ago.

haven't seen anything since then, movie or tv-wise

i watched the matrix on my pc last nite while studying for macro...mainly to prepare for reload next month:)

I saw Punch Drunk Love and Daredevil last week, very different films but I really liked both, even if Daredevil is a bit of a nobrainer...

I finally saw Catch me if you can today which is also excellent

the Sweetest Thing is one of the worst films of 2002

last thing in the theaters was "The Hours" (it takes a lot to get me out to the actual theaters, didnt disappoint either)

watched "American Psycho" last night (seen it before but came on tv had to watch)

melon said:
Saw "The Quiet American" last night. A very interesting portrayal of early 1950s Vietnam.

Melon

melon - book. read the book. i haven't seen the movie yet, but i am reading the book for my us history class and it is riveting. not as good as "co. k" but that's another thread.

"the life of david gale" it made me nauseous, it made me squirm, and i almost cried. definately one of the best i've seen in some time.

"24" is goooood. I like the 2nd season better than the first.

Lessee... movies movies movies

Adaptation. Excellent movie, quirky ole Kaufmann who made up a co-writer who never existed.... also successfully lampoons the Hollywood screenwriting industry.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind... pretty funny, quirky, but funny. (another Kaufmann movie)

About Schmidt. Satire on senior citizen life. Dry humor.... Katy Bates-- :no: :yikes: gave me terrible nightmares :sexywink:

The Recruit-- no bad, for a high concept blockbuster.

Shanghai Knights last week... it's okay, not bad.

in theatres: maid in manhattan, chicago, and how to lose a guy in ten days. the last two were great.

at home: rush hour (first one), bridget jones's diary, legally blonde, sweet home alabama (rented it to see the alternate ending, saw it the theatres and it sucked), not another teen movie, clerks, jay and silent bob strike back (my husband didn't tell me the time had a cameo! :cute: omigor!) and umm...a bunch of others i don't remember.

i've not bought any movies recently, i've owned all those movies for a while. except sweet home alabama of course.

KhanadaRhodes said:
jay and silent bob strike back (my husband didn't tell me the time had a cameo! :cute: omigor!)

I was laughing SO HARD at that in the theatre!
Everyone else had no idea who the Time are and thought I was a psycho.
Me: BAHAHAHA! THE TIME!!!! :lmao:

anyway, I watched In the Name of the Father last night.
:up:

:der: Is that the band playing at the end of the movie?

Jay and Silent Bob was the bomb!

What I've seen in the last few weeks:
Theaters - The Recruit , Daredevil

Video - Fight Club, Clerks, Trainspotting, Oh Brother Where Art Though, About a Boy, Get Shorty

There's this finnish movie I saw, I don't know what it's english title is- it could be "The man without a memory"..Something along those lines. I saw that at the cinema.. I think it's nominated for an Oscar. It was quite strange, and it was alright but not brilliant. The day before yesterday I rented the Royal Tenenbaums and yesterday I saw Gosford park. I loved them both! Gosford park especially...

haha The Man Without A Past...im reviewing it as we speak. It won't change the world, but its a funny little film, in a stoic sort of way.

wertsie said:
I just rented About a Boy last night. It was pretty good, especially when Zoo Station started to play!

I almost rented that moivie yesterday, but instead I rented I Am Sam with Sean Penn and Monster's Ball.

The most recent movie that I saw at the movies is Chicago which I loved!

i watched half of scarface. very violent, but pacino is the man. and michelle is so beautiful. perhaps tonight, if i can stomach it, i will watch the other half.

tiny dancer said:

I almost rented that moivie yesterday, but instead I rented I Am Sam with Sean Penn and Monster's Ball.

The most recent movie that I saw at the movies is Chicago which I loved!

Ooh...how were the other two?

Finally saw Chicago last night (all other attempts to go were sold out). So good. :up: Loved it. Definitely better than Moulin Rouge.

Before that.. About Schmidt (which I also loved).

Will Farrell Rules!

Nate Dogg said:
I saw "Old School" yesterday...Will Ferrell is hilarious...

Me too! It wasn't as funny as I hoped it would be, but still, it got a lot of laughs from me.

Luke Wilson dripping in KY = :drool:

Hehehehe...

saw The Ring this evening..very tense and disturbing film..have a large impulse and need to find a copy of the Japanese version~

ACROB@T said:
saw The Ring this evening..very tense and disturbing film..have a large impulse and need to find a copy of the Japanese version~

Ringu--a friend of mine saw that as well as the Ring. I heard good things about both...

i saw the last half of gone in 60 seconds while waiting for people to show up for a meeting...it was on tv...and it sucked. but the car chase was cool

Back
Top Bottom