What movies did you go to see more than once at the cinema?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saracene

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Melbourne, Australia, some time after tea
Let's see...

Titanic - 11 times
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - 5 times
Gladiator - 4 times
Star Wars: Phantom Menace - 3 times (I know it's a national pastime now to bash the prequels, but I genuinely enjoyed the movie on its theatre release)
The Galaxy Quest - 3 times
Matrix - 3 times
Memento - 2 times (if there ever was a movie asking for a repeat viewing to figure it all out, Memento was it)
The Talented Mister Ripley - 2 times
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - 2 times

Grease - 3 times in 1978 (I think) and twice when it was re-released a few years ago

ET - 2 times original release, 2 times re-release

Star Wars - probably 10 times

Austin Powers - 2 times
Spy Who Shagged Me - 2 times
Goldmember - 3 times in 2 weeks :reject:

:sick: :barf: :sick:

Since college, I've hated Star Wars with a vengeance... Bad script, bad lines, bad acting, bad directing, badly written storylines, interminably long and boring...

But you know how you have to go see a movie that you know would suck so bad but you had to go see it because everyone else would and you come out of the theater wondering why you went in in the first place?... Well, that's me--->

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
once in theater
once on DVD
once @ IMAX... which was a lot worse, given the really really poor film editing, a lot worse than the original.

:barf: :sick: :barf:

Lord of the Rings - 7-8 times

The Two Towers - 3 times (not done yet)

Spiderman - 2 times

Ice Age - 4 times (Daisy made me)

sid & nancy - six times

titanic - five times

rattle & hum - twelve times (most times, i was the only one in the theatre)

lilo & stitch - four times

yes, hippy...that was the summer i was seventeen. i had nothing better to do with my time but spend every afternoon in the theatre watching bono sing. the thing that really kept me coming back was bono yelling, "fuck the revolution!" and it was great, on the opening night, they were selling u2 posters and t-shirts in the lobby...*sigh* the good ol' days...

The Fellowship Of The Ring - 3 times

That is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

bonosgirl84 said:
yes, hippy...that was the summer i was seventeen. i had nothing better to do with my time but spend every afternoon in the theatre watching bono sing. the thing that really kept me coming back was bono yelling, "fuck the revolution!" and it was great, on the opening night, they were selling u2 posters and t-shirts in the lobby...*sigh* the good ol' days...

*sigh* Wish I'd been a U2 fan then... but I was still in my New Kids on the Block phase then ;)

Saracene said:
Let's see...

Titanic - 11 times

:ohmy: oh my fucking god! i have this friend who saw it 7 times and we made fun of her endlessly for it! 11 times?!?!!?

wow...

i've seen two movies multiple tiomes in theatres.

i was dragged to see titanic a second time (by the friend who saw it 7 times)

and i saw gangs of ny twice cos it was so fucking awesome :yes:

Titanic-3 times
Gladiatior-2 times
Star Wars-2 times
LA Confidential-2 times
Gangs Of New York-2 times
Moulin Rouge-2 times
Chicago-2 times

There are more but cant think of them. I'll end up going with my Mom and then again with my best friend.

both harry potters.. 5-6 times each
lotr: 2 times
ttt: 3 times
lots of others that I can't remember..

Two towers 3x in a week

Titanic 3 or 4 times.

billy madison and office space more times than i can count. but that wasnt in the theater either. :shrug:

I'm not a big movie goer.

don't ever see titanic

smash your vcr/dvd player if a copy of it ever finds its way into the machine

I've only seen one movie more than once at the theater and it wasn't by choice. I'm not really much of a movie person, but if I hadn't been 6 when rattle and hum came out i guarentee that i would have watched it a billion times.

Back
Top Bottom