What movie(s) do you know every line of?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
You know, I'm such a loser I've never even seen the Princess Bride, and Willy DeVille got an Oscar nomination for the song and my nephew even owns the damn thing and he lives two houses down.

:tsk:

You've failed.

RedrocksU2 said:
"What the hell are we doing here

anyway, Harry? We've got to get out

of this town.

Yeah, and go where?

I'll tell you where: someplace warm,

a place where the beer flows like

wine, where beautiful women

instinctively flock like the salmon

of Capistrano.

(dramatic PAUSE)

I'm talking about Aspen."

i dunno lloyd the french are assholes.

I know all the lines to The Great Escape, Fletch, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Remember the Titans.

phillyfan26 said:
I know all the lines to The Great Escape, Fletch, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and Remember the Titans.

"Captain Hiltz, actually."

I don't know how people can memorise Holy Grail lines. I mean, I know a heap of them (not exactly off by heart) but there's a lot of technical language as well!

COBL_04 said:
I don't know how people can memorise Holy Grail lines. I mean, I know a heap of them (not exactly off by heart) but there's a lot of technical language as well!

I've known every line of that movie since I was eight. :reject:

DaveC said:

I've known every line of that movie since I was eight. :reject:

That's amazing, but do you know them off by heart, as in able to repeat them flawlessly at any given moment? Even the political gibbering between Arthur and the peasants in the mud? Then I'll :bow:

"Let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place."

"Your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of eiderberries. Now go away, or I shall taunt you a seconda time. You English kniiiiiiiiiiiigits!"

"Suppose it was an African swallow?"

"I'm not dead!"
"Well you will be soon!"
"I feel much better!"

^:lmao: I love the way Cleese says 'newt'.

And by the way, is Meaning of Life worth seeing?

COBL_04 said:

And by the way, is Meaning of Life worth seeing?

Hell yes, even if for the Galaxy Song alone.

The entire thing is a gem overshadowed by Holy Grail.

COBL_04 said:

That's amazing, but do you know them off by heart, as in able to repeat them flawlessly at any given moment? Even the political gibbering between Arthur and the peasants in the mud? Then I'll :bow:

I know the political gibbering so well I could probably recite it accurately with a mouth full of marbles. Personally, though, I don't think that makes me worthy of a :bow: so much as of a :pray:

COBL_04 said:

Look, just because some watery tart goes about lobbing swords at people, that no basis for a government.

(Or something like that.) :D

While clicking through channels after football games today I found Airplane! being aired. Watched it for a while. I think that was the first of the "spoof" movies. Hysterical movie, I laughed and laughed and found myself mouthing the lines! Classic funny movie! :up:

I think I'm one of the few who prefer Meaning of Life to Holy Grail. It's spottier because it's episodic, but the imagination on hand is unbelievable, and the targets of their ridicule are greater in number.

bgmckinney said:

I know the political gibbering so well I could probably recite it accurately with a mouth full of marbles. Personally, though, I don't think that makes me worthy of a :bow: so much as of a :pray:

Whatever man, I respect that

Carek1230 said:
While clicking through channels after football games today I found Airplane! being aired. Watched it for a while. I think that was the first of the "spoof" movies. Hysterical movie, I laughed and laughed and found myself mouthing the lines! Classic funny movie! :up:

Shame spoof movies are so dreadfully woeful these days. Scary Movie was funny as, SM 2 a little less so, and the rest and all the Date Movie, Epic Movie crap was sooo bad.

lazarus said:
I think I'm one of the few who prefer Meaning of Life to Holy Grail. It's spottier because it's episodic, but the imagination on hand is unbelievable, and the targets of their ridicule are greater in number.

I agree with you. I like Meaning of Life much better, because....

"Every sperm is sacred
Every sperm is great
If one sperm is wasted
God gets quite irrate."

lazarus said:

I always considered Life Of Brian to be Superior to both of them...

Centurion: What's this, then? "Romanes eunt domus"? People called Romanes, they go, the house?

Brian: It says, "Romans go home. "

Centurion: No it doesn't ! What's the latin for "Roman"? Come on, come on !

Brian: Er, "Romanus" !

Centurion: Vocative plural of "Romanus" is?

Back
Top Bottom