What movie is this from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ti-hua

War Child
So I stand to make some money off my sister if I can tell her what movie the following quote is from:

"It's a lot like camp. I got enough to eat and even get outside once in a while." (or something to that effect)

Anyone have any ideas?

And yes, I am well aware that this could be considered cheating.
And no, I don't feel guilty about it one bit!

:tongue:

Thank you!

I think its when he gets his friend to write the letter to his mum and dad

Aaaaah I wouldnt call going on a forum to get an asnwer of a question cheating :tongue:

yep, bg and Lara were right, it's from Big.

"Josh: Dear Mom and Dad. They said that I could write you and let you know I was okay. So far, they're treating me fine. I've got enough to eat and I'm perfectly safe. They say that I'll get out of here in about a month. In the mean time, it's a lot like camp! I watch TV and even get outside once in a while. I know you miss me. But try not to worry. I think this experience might even be good for me. I love you very much and I know that I'll see you soon. Your son, Joshua. P.S. Give Rachel a kiss from her big brother."

Last edited:
Don't suppose anyone knows which movie this line is from? "Note to Self..."

No one can remember it, and it drives us mad when we think of it again :wink:

Was it Nightshift with Michael Keaton? His character always recorded brilliant ideas into a tape recorder - like "feed the mayonaise to the tuna...."

:hmm:
I don't think I've seen that...Or maybe I have...I think I have seen which ever movie this was from. What's Nightshift about?

This will haunt me for the rest of my days ya know, if I dont find out what this movie was :D

Angela Harlem said:
:hmm:
I don't think I've seen that...Or maybe I have...I think I have seen which ever movie this was from. What's Nightshift about?

This will haunt me for the rest of my days ya know, if I dont find out what this movie was :D

From Yahoo Movies:

This early breakthrough comedy by Ron Howard is a rowdy, raunchy surprise from a Hollywood star known more for his wholesome fare. A mismatched pair of New York City morgue workers, hopelessly stuck working the night shift, decide to make a little extra cash during those long, late-night hours--they set up a call-girl service, becoming the funniest love brokers in the Big Apple. Henry Winkler stars as Chuck Lumley, a downtrodden pushover who unhappily endures a whining girlfriend (Gina Hecht) and a dead-end job at the morgue. But after meeting congenial hooker Belinda (Shelley Long), Chuck decides to help her and her friends organize their nightly endeavors. Michael Keaton, in his film debut, steals the movie as Bill Blazejowski, Chuck?s manic, crazed assistant at the morgue. Chuck and Bill perfect their new roles as pimps until Chuck?s romantic feelings for Belinda cause him to rethink his new career.

Angela Harlem said:
Don't suppose anyone knows which movie this line is from? "Note to Self..."

No one can remember it, and it drives us mad when we think of it again :wink:

I know Norm Macdonald used to do that on Weekend Update on SNL. He also did it a few times in "Screwed" and probably "Dirty Work" as well.

Norm!!! :cute: :love:

Haha thanks guys. I dont think it was Nightshift...Or SNL as we hadn't watched that til this year and this line is old.
We were thinking Ace Ventura.

I guess I'll never know :lol:

"note to self" has probably been said in a lot of movies :shrug:

you don't remember any more of it do you angie?

I knew you guys would know. I could hear the line in my head but I couldn't place it. I haven't seen Big in ages. Pretty unfair question if you ask me.

Now to see how much money I've just won...;)

Back
Top Bottom