What movie have you seen more than any other in your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
I was thinking about this recently while my roommate, some pals, and myself were watching my particular most-watched movie. What is the one film you think you've watch more than any other? This doesn't necessarily have to be your favorite film, although I'm sure for some of you guys it will be. State the movie and why you've seen it so damn much, already.

My submission:

baseketballin3.jpg

I swear I must have seen this upwards of twenty times. It's probably my favorite comedy ever, as crass as that may be. I think it's a really overlooked gem and if you like South Park and haven't seen it, I suggest you rent, nay, BUY it right away. It's not the most sophisticated humor around, but it consistently doesn't get old to me. A group of my friends back home and I can throw more or less every line from the movie back and forth. Hell, we even started playing the game itself.

"I swear, you guys rip on me 13 or 14 more times....I'm out of here."

Rushmore is probably a close second for me. It's got my favorite film character ever, it was made by my favorite director, and I think it's an utterly perfect movie. It and The Royal Tenebaums are my favorite films ever.

So what's up, guyz? What do you watch too much?

This will age me...but Rocky 1
i saw it like 7 times at the theater.....and I have watched it many times on tv too......

God, this is kind of embarrassing. It's a tie of three that haven't left me since my childhood:

The Sound of Music
Darby O'Gill and the Little People
Beetlejuice

and also

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Not all my favorites, but I can still watch them and enjoy them, even after dozens of viewings, if not more, as a child. Teen for Dracula.

I honestly don't know, but excluding endless video viewings as a child...

Probably:
10229354A~Terminator-2-Judgement-Day-Posters.jpg

Or also likely:
JawsFilmCover.jpg

The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather Pt I and II, The Great Escape, and Groundhog Day.

Ooh great thread!

Shawshank Redemption
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Airplane
The Breakfast Club
Point Break

Screwtape2 said:

I love this movie. :love: I've probably watched the climax more than any other movie scene.

I love this movie too!!! Daniel Day Lewis running up that waterfall...."stay alive....no matter what occurs....i will find you" :drool: :drool: :drool: :heart:

In no particular order:
The Wizard of Oz
The Princess Bride
Raising Arizona

Honorable Mention:
Ghostbusters I & II
Beetlejuice
A Christmas Story
Bram Stoker's Dracula

Never get tired of any of them! :up:

Mr. BAW said:
Heaven Can Wait
Xanadu

I loved Xanadu, when I was 11. Hormones were ragin'.:wink:

Totally forgot about Last of the Mohicans and Goodfellas. Some movies are just so comforting and easy to pick out of the DVD collection.

There was a time in my life where I'd come home from school and once a week I'd watch The Shawshank Redemption. It's a great movie, but I really don't understand why I did it.

I've also seen The Lion King waaaay more times than anyone should.

E.T. is, by far, the best "kids" movie ever made. far more profound than anyone thought in 1982 -- it's suburban transcendentalism.

PlaTheGreat said:

I've also seen The Lion King waaaay more times than anyone should.

I stayed with a friend for a month when I moved 10 years ago. His kid was 3, she loved the Lion King. I saw the Lion King whenever the kid was awake, in the morning, afternoon, evening, in the living room, in the den, in the yard, in my sleep, Mufasa, ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Still haven't seen ET.

Back
Top Bottom