What kind of sleeping patterns do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2valleygirl

Refugee
I'm always curious how many hours of sleep do you need a night? I wish I could go to sleep early, but no matter how early I have to get up, I always go to sleep between 12:00 and 1:00 AM and wake up tired.

I wish I could go to sleep earlier but it never happens. Oh and another thing I often wake up and watch CNN or the news at 4:00 A.M.

Are there any other insomniacs around here? If you have a great night's sleep everynight what are your secrets?

unfortunately I'm an owl and can stay up all night even if I'm super tired. I have to be to work at 8 AM everyday and it's very tough to get up! :mad:

I usually go to bed between 11-midnight and wake up at 7 but I don't get up right away. I only live 10 minutes from work and thankfully no one cares if we're a few minutes late. I do sleep the whole night once I actually fall asleep but I never get more than 6-7 hours.

5-6 hours is enough for me,...i go to bed about 11:00 in the evening , read something, get out of bed 5:45 .

i don't have any sleeping patterns.

i'm usually up for about 3 or 4 days on 3 or 4 hours (total) of sleep, and then every once in a while i crash for 12 hours at a time.

i can develop normal sleeping patterns if i don't have school or work to deal with, but unfortuantly i end up sleeping from around 10am-5pm when that happens.

:|

I'm an owl too. The worst thing is my college only has classes in the afternoon so when I wake up I'm waiting to go to college and when I come home I'm waiting to go to sleep. For some reason, I don't feel comfortable with my schedule. I hate it. I'm so complicated. :sad:

I have been a true insomniac for about 14 years and before that, a very light sleeper.

Initially, it was a side diagnosis of PTSD, which I don't really discuss often, and over time I am not really sure anymore. It may be a psychological thing or it may be completely disrupted sleep rhythms for way too many years.

I have a tendency to not be able to sleep at night very well or at all, and then crashing terribly when I have a day off - sleeping for many, many hours, in the middle of the day, standing up, wherever.

Then it's back to the same old, same old.

It's irritating, and although I'm used to it now and know how to function with it, I have good days and bad days.

i need about 9 hours of sleep a night if I'm caught up on sleep, but while i am in school that rarely happens because i rarely go to bed before 2.

Another evening person here. I usually go to sleep around 1 AM (earlier really isn't possible or I have to be sick or having skipped a night to camp out for U2 tickets. :wink: ). Unfortunately, my alarm clock wakes me at 6:30 AM again as I have to go to work. :|

I really wish I had a normal sleeping pattern. I would love to be able to go to bed no later than 11:30 and to wake up at 7AM with ease. But I can't, I never have. Instead I have an awful sleeping pattern. I get it from my father. I am night owl and I have terrible bouts of insomnia. As a matter of fact, I have been dealing with it for weeks. Right now it is bad because I am not working so I just stay up and watch tv and surf the net. Fun stuff. :slant:

I am up right now after only having a few hours of sleep. I had 2.5 beers Sunday night at the various Super Bowl parties I attended and since I am not drinking as much these days it is enough to really screw my sleep up.

So it is 5:25AM and I am wide eyed. :der:

take 2 tylenol pm fall asleep around 8:30 pm...awake at various times throughout evening to husbands snoring or his elbows...
last night he got me good , and i said " chris.....jeez...!!!! why dont ya get that removed?" ( talkin bout his elbow ) hes such a spaz when he sleeps...
so I wake up at about 4...and just lay in bed....
usually i have pretty vivid dreams so ill lay there and think about my dream ...last night i had a dream i was having an affair with a considerably younger man so.......i rehashed a nice little story about that in my mind until the 5:45 alarm went off...
to be honest i will think about it all day today....
im just that pathetic ; )

Ive just seen im an acrobat now !!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i must be an acrobat to look like this and act like that
* i dance like a feather with my gymnast ribbon....********

Last edited:
Late to sleep, early to rise.

Ideally, I would like to be in bed asleep by 9:30 or 10:00 but I have a terrible TVLand addiction that causes me to fight sleep until 11:00 or 11:30.

I wake up without my alarm by 6:30 but I could really use an extra hour or two of sleep. :yawn:

I have been an insomniac for the last 5 years. I am also generally extremely stressed out and worry about things. I have always been a light sleeper and my mind plays tricks on me in the dark. Oh yeah - that too - I'm afraid of the dark. :crack:

:crazy:

me and insomnia, we go waaaayyy back.

i suspect my erratic sleep patterns became ingrained by my years and years of post secondary education. i got used to classes in the morning, napping all afternoon, and staying up until the wee hours of the morning studying/reading/goofing off. i go through regular bouts of not being able to sleep at all (fight club insomnia :crack: ) followed by two or three days of sleeping 12 hours a day... a week or two of semi-normal sleeping (if i'm lucky)...then the cycle repeats.

kinda tough adjusting to a 9-5 work schedule now that i finally have a job with responsibilities and am expected to be coherent.

:huh:

i need like 8-9 hours. i usually get maybe 6. i try to go to bed by 10 but usually don't get into bed by 11, and fall asleep between then and midnight. then my alarm goes off at six am, but i usually wake up before that. i hate it. :mad:

I'm another goes-to-sleep late, gets-up-early person. I have to get up at 5:30am, yet I go to bed around midnight, which is less than 6 hours of sleep for me, and I need more than that. But I'm nocturnal, so getting up early doesn't work for me. But I have to get used to it...

I need more sleep than I get, but i've been getting alot of schoolwork over the past few months, so i'm averaging three hours a day during the week.

I need 8 hrs. Sleep is honestly my #1 priority. It doesn't matter how much I exercise or how healthy I eat if I'm not getting enough sleep. If I have a test the next day, I will do WAY better if I quit studying when I'm tired and get a good rest than if I force myself to stay awake all night cramming. I usually go to bed around midnight and watch 1/2 hr to an hr of TV before drifting off. My earliest classes start at 10:30am so I can sleep from 1am-9am. I take a lot of night classes and still manage to work 20-32 hrs a week while being a full time student so I like this schedule a lot.

I've been an insomniac for nearly 9 years... have tried all the traditional remedies, medicine, you name it... no use. The most annoying thing of all is that my best friend is narcoleptic - so technically, our sleeping problems should cancel each other out! Unfortunately, they don't.

HelloAngel - you're not alone in your dislike of the dark. I've never liked it either.

I'm completely nightblind too and get really pissed off with bloody stupid morons and imbeciles who say "well, duh, no-one can see in the dark!" Yeah, that's true, but most people's eyes adjust slightly - mine don't at all.

Last edited:
What is this sleep that you speak of?
Honestly, I'm a university student, we don't know sleep... :wink:
Really, I'm an owl, I *can't* go to bed early (unless I'm dead tired) b/c I won't sleep, I'll watch tv or something. And really, it doesn't matter what time I go to bed/ how many hours of sleep I get I will still be tired in the morning cause I'm *not* a morning person. Usually I get somewhere b/w 5 to 9 hours sleep..depending. And on weekends I stay up, but I sleep til noon (I :heart: weekends).
And to anyone who can't sleep well, that sux. :hug:

I don't have a regular work schedule - some days I work a regular day shift, some days I work an evening shift, so my sleep schedule is a little wacky. I'm almost never in bed before 2am, and usually make do with 4 hours of sleep if I have to work in the morning. If I work an evening shift I usually sleep in and get at least a full 8 hours, though.

Back
Top Bottom