What Kills Threads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Read here.

Why are threads closed?
There are many reasons why a thread is closed. The most common reason is that the thread has evolved into heavy bickering, name calling or other childish behaviour. Personally attacking other members of the forum is unacceptable and may result in an individual warning to the members in question, which may ultimately lead to bannishment from the forum.

If the thread has racial slurs or other derogatory comments it is subject to closing.

If there are other threads already on the same topic, it may be merged or closed .. depending on the situation.

If the thread has over 500 replies, it may be closed due to server issues. Large threads are taxing to the database. Each time a large thread is opened/accessed or viewed it can put a strain the server.

If the thread is exhausted, or repeating the same arguments over and over and seeming to have reached its limit, it may be closed.

If the thread is posted in an 'instigating' or 'flaming' manner it may be closed.

If you see a thread that you feel is unacceptable or out of control you can use the "Report this post to moderator" link in the bottom right hand corner of each person's post. If multiple members of the forum suggest to a moderator or adminstrator (in private) that they feel the thread should be closed, it may be discussed among the moderators and ultimately closed.

If a moderator or administrator addressess a thread such as these with warnings to refrain from continuing in a harsh or unacceptable mannor, and the warnings are not acknowledged, it is their job to close the thread.

Please do not start new threads asking why a thread was closed. PM or email the moderator who closed the thread.

Yeah, I can be a pretty effective thread killer myself. :huh: :D

discothequeLP said:

the thread is called "What Kills Threads" not "What takes threads to 100s of pages of arguing over 2 good albums and total crap"

:lol: exactly

iF A BUnch of peeERPXZ TYPS LIEK DIS@!12122

this kills threads
image.gif

:|

:drool:

:wink:

hey, it's basstrap playing the cowbell! i love that picture!

i find that replies that include nothing but a smilie to be effective conversation-enders.

Back
Top Bottom