what job allows for the most international travel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i'm quite serious too. i'm taking an international business course shortly, and i have full intentions of one day getting a job that flys me everywhere.

the thing is, i have no idea exactly WHAT kind of jobs are available. all i know is that i dont want to be a steward, thanks.

any ideas? help?

lovely.

ok. dinosaurs ruled...the world if you know what i mean :sexywink:

auch, nevermind.

i need more ideas. hurry up. and don't be stupid either, you can do that somewhere else. i'm looking at you zoomerang96.

The foreign service.

My advisor is pushing me to think about it, I honestly never knew it was an actual job and had to pretend like I did. :der:

I think anything within the government is going to be your best bet, unless you can find an international business niche.

formula one driver - 16 countries in a year!

on the other hand if you're driving skills aren't up to scratch (and i'm being serious here) you could look more into a busness type role within one of the teams - PR or something like that.

You could always join the merchant navy or whatever it is that people who travel do.

Honestly, I don't know. What is 'international business' anyway?

Can't you just do odd jobs like being a prostitute or whatever?

I never thought i would ever get to say this, but that´s a great idea Kieran! I had a friend in the french foreign legion, they even give you a new name, and a whole new identity!!!

Last edited:
isnt it merchant marine?
zoomerang is canadian, do they have a navy or merchant marine?
my husband is in the navy and hes been everywhere.
italy, sicily ,ireland, greece ,germany ,england ,jordan, japan& all over the united states but that has ended now cuz he has chronic pain and is no longer considered able bodied ; ( so they are giving him the boot.
do ya speak different languages dear? how are ya gonna travel the world?

Last edited:
carrieluvv said:

zoomerang is canadian, do they have a navy or merchant marine?

not one that you want to get on the vehicles of:sad:

globally available gigolo and travel writer are my offerings.

Become a world leader, you'll get to travel to meet other world leaders all the time.

Actually, become a world leader pretend (LMAO, little injoke for the REM crowd there)

Zoomerang96 said:

good idea, except they don't travel anymore. it's too bad.

No, work for a travel agency, but in the head office. My cousin worked in 'new business' for a massive travel agency chain here in Australia. Basically, you see the package deals that say "$499 for flights and 4 nights accomodation at Resort X" and there's a freakin' bidding war to be "Resort X". She spent about 4-5 months of every year overseas. First class flights, the best rooms, the best service, everywhere in the world, all these hotels and tour companies and tourism commissions from various cities and countries all wanting her business.... On top of that she racked up a gazillion frequent flyer points and could do her own thing anywhere, whenever. Do that!

OR

become a rock star.

digsy said:
you could look more into a busness type role within one of the teams - PR or something like that.

PR is not as glamorous as you might think

However, the professional manwhore is a possibility.

Bear Bigelow, Male Gigalo

:sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom