What is your ice breaker? [This is a party question]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
And I'm not referring to a ship that sails through ice in the Artic and Antartic regions... Or some kind of ice pick...

I mean what do you say to a complete stranger when you decide they might be worthwhile meeting. You could be at a bar or club, maybe at the pool or beach, perhaps the mall or a shopping complex, maybe even the street. Wherever it is that you meet people.

What do you do or say to get their attention to make them want to be friends with you (or maybe more)??? - rather than being an antisocial twerp that hides in the corner.

i rarely do this but these are what i say to a guy who i think i might be worthwhile:

"cool tattoo"

i like tattoos on guys. just not gangbanger style. im pretty brave i guess if the guy is really cute and has a cool tattoo.

if he says or does something stupid, then i say..

"long day?"

i love guys with long hair and i'll tell them straight up:

"i love your hair"

most of the time i am very shy and you'll rarely see me approach a guy. i surprise myself sometimes:der:

i usually break the ice in front of ladies that im interested in by keeping my head down, look away, keep silent, and finally, walk away.

My preferred method of breaking the ice, assuming I attended parties, which I don't, would be to let fly with a few strident opinions on a choice political topic of the day, then retreat sullenly to the bar and get absolutely wasted. Never fails.

Another good lead-in is to be funny. Really funny. This is hard to pull off however, especially if you're not funny. Failing humour, go get an ice pick.

if i feel particularly brave ill throw on my old world war 1 jacket with medals decorated and placed by kaiser wilhelm the second himself. then i lambast them about how i was responsible for losing the war and how my country will never forgive me for it.

You are all about the ladies aren't you Jimmy. I see a trend here in your thread topics. :p

Most people always say hello to me but then I always meet weirdos

If I didnt know them Id say Hey! :D I offered a hot studnet i met in a bar a few weeks ago that he could sit with me and my friend and he sat with us and it was funny and we got on like a hoose on fire but then we had to leave and go to other places

One time, I was at a party, and I heard this guy say to his friends, "I'm so drunk, I can't even find me a slut!"

Then he grabbed me and wanted to dance with me. :|

So...yeah...that's an example of what NOT to say...

ouizy said:
I usually just drop my trousers and wait for her reaction.

that really happend to one of my friends

A group of my co-workers had a happy hour at said friend's house...a male co-worker was interested in my friend but didn't know how to approach her.

After the guests had left, my friend went to use the restroom and when she came back, the male co-worker was standing in her living room with his pants around his ankles...and yes, he was um, very happy to see her :ohmy:

well, it didn't work that night because she started laughing hysterically...but they did end up seeing each other for about 6 months.

I've never just seen someone and wanted to talk to them. :shrug:

As for parties, the way I get noticed is to only talk to one person I know really well, drink a little bit, get depressed because I'm loser, and start crying uncontrollably. :|

Giant Lemon said:

Mine neither. I'm the worst person at small talk EVER.

It is my worst nightmare. I can give a talk in front of 100 people, lead a small group in a discussion, but put me in a casual social setting and I want to run :reject:

Back
Top Bottom