What is your "go to" CD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

A certain Superdrag bootleg from one of the last times I saw them in TN

Hum - Downward is Heavenward

Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix

The Sundays - Reading, Writing and Arithmetic

Bettie Serveert - Palomine

SkeeK said:

Brilliant Album! Probably could easily become my go-to album in time. I chose the Bends because it's been with me through thick and thin.. I discovered Spirit of Eden late last year and it's now in my top 5 albums of all time.

yeah to be perfectly honest, I discovered it last year and it's one of my favorites ever (top 5 at least) but it's not one of my go-to albums either. it's almost too good for that. I don't feel the need to listen to it very often somehow. it seemed to say everything the first time I heard it. not that it gets worse with repeat listens, but it's not a "once a week" type of thing, too deep.

a lot of my go-to albums are by REM. mostly Up and Lifes Rich Pageant.

U2-Boy
U2-darker songs, like Stateless, Love comes tumbling, Wake up dead man
U2- The Unforgettable fire
U2-Heartland

Lenny Kravitz-Circus (the song, not the album), God is Love, Fields of Joy

My brother's recordings

#1bonofan said:
Sting- Soul Cages

That has bad bits or typical Sting BS ("Mad About You"), but overall it's beautiful. "Island of Souls" is probably his best solo song, "The Soul Cages" is like a return to the darkness of "Synchronicity II" and "All This Time" almost reminds me of the Smiths. Actually "Why Should I Cry for You" could be his best song ever. It almost beats anything by Peter Gabriel.

I can't stand any other Sting album for more than one song. "Desert Rose" and "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" are good songs though. And "Russians," but it's too much like Billy Joel.

bread n' whine said:

That has bad bits or typical Sting BS ("Mad About You"), but overall it's beautiful. "Island of Souls" is probably his best solo song, "The Soul Cages" is like a return to the darkness of "Synchronicity II" and "All This Time" almost reminds me of the Smiths. Actually "Why Should I Cry for You" could be his best song ever. It almost beats anything by Peter Gabriel.

I can't stand any other Sting album for more than one song. "Desert Rose" and "If I Ever Lose My Faith in You" are good songs though. And "Russians," but it's too much like Billy Joel.

what about "Fields Of Gold"?....my favorite Sting song

yeah well, it's not as bad as some of his stuff, but I associate it with the supermarket. not a solo Sting fan at all aside from that album.

Back
Top Bottom