What is your favourite childhood movie of all time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What is your favourite childhood movie? You know, the one, that as a kid, you HAD To watch ALL the time/know the dialogue for/have the action figures from, etc etc etc??

Mine was the Wizard of Oz - I have the trivia game now (and I could kick your butts at it! ;) )

( Although, I had a strange addiction to The Sound of Music and Annie as well).

(If I was a kid today it would be Anastasia. Damn, that movie is awesome!)

<---------knows ALL the lyrics from ALL abovesaid films *sigh*

Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore....

The Secret of NIMH
The Last Unicorn
Back to the Future
Teen Wolf
Can't Buy Me Love
A Christmas Story
Neverending Story

Mary Poppins might just be the best movie ever
period

well, maybe not
but I like it :up:

Let's see...

I saw the Sound of Music well over 140 times

Sometimes 2-3 times a day. Sometimes more. My dad hated it. I need to get the DVD.

Willy Wonka all the way!

willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-ws-dvd-image-05.jpg

followed by anything Charlie Brown.
mv1072.gif

...Neverending Story
The secret of nimh
willy wonka....

---maybe you can help...(I forgot the name of this movie)...a cartoon movie with a girl who i think ranaway from home to live with an old lady by a river, she ate yams or (bugs?)...now...(i am trying to think really hard) either she was a cat or her name was kat or she had a cat. But she met this guy by the river and fell in love with him, I think...(the characters kind of looked like those chinese looking kind, sort of like sailormoon- you know the type, big eyes, hardly a nose...and when she talks her mouth opens up really big...). She had a big red bow on her head.

Anyone out there know what I am talking about?!

Now that i thnk about it---I think she was hiding from some sort of evil forces or something--because I remember the North Star(or wind) saving this girl(or cat)....I think my brain has turned to mush....

I really think that this is a movie-- But, it has just been a LONG time since I saw it last that the details arn't that clear....

Indigo said:
Now that i thnk about it---I think she was hiding from some sort of evil forces or something--because I remember the North Star(or wind) saving this girl(or cat)....I think my brain has turned to mush....

I really think that this is a movie-- But, it has just been a LONG time since I saw it last that the details arn't that clear....
I think I know what youre talking about....I've seen this movie once....or at least it sounds familiar what you're saying.....I think the girl with the red bow had a cat as far as I can remember. :scratch: No big help...

I remember loving 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and all of those muppets movies pre-dating "Muppet Christmas Carol".

FallingStar said:

I think I know what youre talking about....I've seen this movie once....or at least it sounds familiar what you're saying.....I think the girl with the red bow had a cat as far as I can remember. :scratch: No big help...

okay-- I am now remembering she would sing --"Katie the kitty cat" Or something of the sorts........

errrr....okay nevermind I give up

Last edited:
Bambi was my first and so probably my favorite. Except for all the therapy I needed later in life to get over it, that is.

:eeklaugh: The Dark Crystal!! OMG - I loved this movie, although I havent even THOUGHT about it in years.

Others include - most musicals, like Sound of Music, Grease, West Side Story, Annie in particular.

Oddly enough... from when I was like 6 years old to this day, my favorite movie is still Poltergiest. Even back then when I was litte it never scared me - i dont know why! I think I know it word for word...

The Dark Crystal or The Never Ending Story.

I think I just liked muppets or something...

Now my favorite kid's movie is Labyrinth.
This incorporates not only muppets but David Bowie as well. And contact juggeling, and since I am a big nerd and do that all day, I enjoy pretending that David Bowie does as well...

Ummmmmmm..... David Bowie :drool:

Wizard of Oz
Willy Wonka
The Dark Crystal
The Labrinyth
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Mary Poppins
Lady and the Tramp
The Muppet Movie...moving right along...footloose and fancy free..
Star Wars 4,5, 6
Caravan of Courage- An Ewok Adventure!!!!
The Boy Who Could Fly :laugh:
What was the one about that silver alien ship who took a boy with him around the place and it would talk to him? I think the ship was called Max. Damn, I loved that movie. What the hell was it?
Back to the Future
I also for some reason as a kid even though not essentially a kid flick, ADORED Calamity Jane.

Shameful one... Masters of the Universe with a very young Courtney Cox

Charlie Brown are the best still and the Christmas one I got tired of hangin out for every year hoping it would be on, so I bought I now own it. lol
Charlie Brown will always be my hero. :heart:

going to date myself again..but she/he said david bowie

I loved Bambi too and Snow White.
When did Herbie the Lovebug come out I wonder? They built a drive-in near where i lived that year and it was the first big scrren moviw I saw and then dr Zhivago with my parents. I thought Jesus Christ Superstar was a great production.
But if we are talking young child, pre-teen so hard to chose, maybe national velvet, a war movie called Bess...I LOVED Francis the Talking Mule and Mickey Rooney and Jerry Lewis...i think the TV was my baby sitter. I know all the old stars, I love all that stuff.

But she/he said David Bowie:drool: :sexywink:
I:drool: David Bowie too...and Labryinth, I got a new copy of the video last Christmas, I still haven't watched it.

Dance Magic:wave: hmmm, I haven't scanned the Spider's from Mars pic that I thoughtI had. This one is the favourite poster I had in my bedroom back in the70's

Attachments

• bowie.jpg
    bowie.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 18
I think most have said mine too but:

Labrinyth
The Life of Brian
Never ending story

and when i was little i used to watch really terrifying films like freddy kruger, lost boys (lol, not scary, but it was back then)

Back
Top Bottom