What is your favorite fresh fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's this fruit in Japan called "nashi". It's like a cross between an apple and a pear. It's the freaking most delicious thing ever created by nature. I cant get enough of them. Sometimes I see them at grocery stores labeled as Asian Pears. I havent had one even half as tasty as the ones in Japan since I was there (4 yrs ago).

PS- If anyone here decides to try one, make sure when you pick them out that they're really firm like an apple. You dont want it mushy like a pear. Sometimes that can cause some confusion.

Last edited:
its hard to pick a favorite fresh fruit, but i do love plums. strawberries, apricots, peaches, cantaloupe, and melons are great too:drool:

u2popmofo said:
There's this fruit in Japan called "nashi". It's like a cross between an apple and a pear. It's the freaking most delicious thing ever created by nature. I cant get enough of them. Sometimes I see them at grocery stores labeled as Asian Pears. I havent had one even half as tasty as the ones in Japan since I was there (4 yrs ago).

PS- If anyone here decides to try one, make sure when you pick them out that they're really firm like an apple. You dont want it mushy like a pear. Sometimes that can cause some confusion.

That sounds good u2popmofo. Must keep my eye out for it! :drool:

Oh man...all of them! Watermelon, strawberry, cherries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi, apples, pears....mmm...

it may be quicker to list the ones I don't like...figs are rich, can only eat one

whatever is in season and is at peak of quality.
My japoticaba tree is flowering and fruiting AGAIN..unbelievable!!

It's mango season here...I'm doing nightly battle with a possum over my mangoes. I see now why people make green mango chutney.
Some fruits are more reliably good all year round than others...like bananas.
Summer is best here,imho.....grapes, melons, peaches:drool: :drool: but in winter time the apples and oranges are better. I lashed out and bought an imported californian navel orange the other day..it was awful:madspit:
I have a black sapote and a mangosteen tree, been growing them for years. They are yet to fruit. I've been told they are yummy.
A quality mulberry at the peak of ripeness is very pleasurable on the palate...oh gosh I love fruit...and food:drool: :drool:
and don't forget lychees...my tree is getting bigger slowly. They travel so well in a school lunch box..unlike pears, which are in season here now and go squashy if you don't protect them.
Each of my kids like and dislike different things, I buy treats for each of them. Food and love seem to go together with me, you got me into rave mode ...but this son has the broadest palate, my fruit friend, taken quite some time ago now..BB

Attachments

• lycheeboy.jpg
    lycheeboy.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 17
Pinneapple, strawberries, kiwi, and blueberries are my favorite fruits and I could never choose between one.

I also have a thing for LEMONS:wink:

Back
Top Bottom