What is wrong with me- I just cant dig most of the new music out today?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
as the subject line suggests I just dont get what it is with me, like I hear everyone both in here and on the local alternative radio station here in Australia praise bands like BRMC, doves, the vines, white stripes, the strokes etc etc etc, but none of them really do anything for me, whilst I can say that I like some songs they dont really grab me enough to go out and buy a cd, please tell me what it is that I am missing out on or not getting oh and by the way the last newish kind of band that I really got into was Michael Franti and Spearhead:)

Although I can't agree with you on the quality of music available these day, Michael Franti is amazing! I can listen to 'stay human' all day long.

well, since you're on a u2 message board, obviously you have good taste in music....no wonder you can't get into those bands....because they fucking suck.

people are trying to make the strokes into this important new band....because they're "cute" and will probably sell alot of cds,...but the music is 3rd rate, g-rated new wave from 1982 with the tusseled haircut from 1998 london.

BRING ON THE NEW U2 PLEASE.

:D

JOFO said:
people are trying to make the strokes into this important new band....because they're "cute" and will probably sell alot of cds,...but the music is 3rd rate, g-rated new wave from 1982 with the tusseled haircut from 1998 london.

BRING ON THE NEW U2 PLEASE.

:D

yeah this is exactly what I mean, with all of these bands I really do feel as though I have heard it all before and to be brutally honest nearly all of the bands I mentioned previously all sound so similiar to me and have smilar sounding names.......I am not phazed that I am not digging them, but I was just curious to know if anyone else felt the same way.....

That's why...

I've returned to the classics.... Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, velvet underground, the ramones, pink floyd, marving gaye, etc. etc.

look here, its alright to admit that rock sucks. so stop listening to it.

or at least to anything that sounds like normal rock.

go for sigur ros, clinic, or even the electric soft parade.

please, the vines, whitestripes and strokes and whatnot are all fun music to dance to, but there is NO chance that id take that music seriously enough to even consider DOWNLOADING.

starsailor is even worse.

Hmmmm...This is interesting...I figured that it was probably my age...34...You know, how people always like the music and the bands that they grew up on and never really GET the new stuff. I just don't find any new music worth buying. I mean there has got to be some talent left in the world, right? Thats why I'm so thankful that U2 is still putting out music.

I could have written that post for you OzA. I feel the same. I thought this since atyclb came out. I was so pleased they had a new album then got so disappointed because it wasn't what I thought it would be I wondered if this was the cause.

But no, music nowadays is just plain shit. Last night I was watching a Leno repeat and he had this group on called Soggy Bottom Boys or something. They were kinda gospel country and western. I found myself turning it up simply because it was a sound I hadn't heard before.

Thoroughly disillusioned too Oz.

:yell:

glad to see that I am not alone- yee ha..........and I must say that I have heard of the electric soft parade and can admit that I rather liked what I heard and would like to investigate them more so and Angela the Soggy bottom boys are great that is the band that did the music to the movie O'Brother where art thou and I think they won either a grammy or an oscar for the soundtrack that they did for that flick:)

I can't get enough of Gomez right now, Gomez Gomez Gomez, man they are good, though a little frustrating at times, because they weave in and out of grooves during their songs, never really sticking to the same one

what are you looking at yarof?!?! :angry:

L.A. sux

The hippest radio station KROQ never plays U2.

The lamest radio station KYSR plays U2 more than anyone else here in LA.

LA sucks.

Back
Top Bottom