What is this song called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
It's a song from the late 60s or 70s, I believe, it is often played at sporting events. It's very very famous and I should know it but I just can't remember. I thought it was Hendrix, but none of the amazon clips for the Hendrix ultimate collection seem to be it. This song is built on one of the more famous riffs in the history of rock. To assist you in your quest to answer my question, I have quickly recorded the riff in a really-really-really-really-xinfinity shitty garageband file(it was either that or sing it into a microphone. I didn't want to sing :wink: ). I think it should be enough, because I'm sure about 500 people here will know the answer upon hearing the riff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?11z5yddvyeb

Smoke On the Water by Deep Purple.

:lol: @ the rendition

:wink:

Smoooooooooooooooke on the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaater!

namkcuR, you officially fail for forgetting the name of that song. :wink:

Smoke On The Water is the last song I performed before an audience. Three years ago. :( I remember I got so caught up in the performance that I did a traditional rock god pose during the end of the solo (kind of like this). I miss being in a band.

Here's 1,683 people playing Smoke On The Water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzENB75Shj0

GibsonGirl said:
Smoke On The Water is the last song I performed before an audience. Three years ago. :( I remember I got so caught up in the performance that I did a traditional rock god pose during the end of the solo (kind of like this). I miss being in a band.

GG, you look so much better with the longer hair. :yikes:

Zootlesque said:
That was funny! :laugh: Dude, I can't believe you didn't know Smoke On The Water!!! :tsk: :wink:

Duuuuuuuuude!! :rockon:

I just wanted to say 'dude' again.

Thank you.

Fuck me....I knew 'purple' was part of it! That's why I thought it was Hendrix. Purple Haze. Dumb mistake.

I've deleted the file to save myself any further embarassment :wink:

Once in a blue moon I'll think about getting a DP greatest hits CD and then wonder if I'm ever gonna listen to it much. lol. I like a handful of their songs but they can get a bit boring sometimes. :slant:

namkcuR said:
Thank you.

Fuck me....I knew 'purple' was part of it! That's why I thought it was Hendrix. Purple Haze. Dumb mistake.

I've deleted the file to save myself any further embarassment :wink:

Dammit, too late :angry:

:rockon:

Have you guys heard that song Temple Of The King by DP off-shoot band Rainbow? It's very melodic and has great lyrics! :heart: I don't know anything else by Rainbow though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom