what is this band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
I think it was here that I read about them, but can't remember for sure. An australian (i think) band that plays kinda technoy stuff that's pretty hard with some rock undertones (or maybe overtones) and I think they were featured on some TV show or other.. they may have 2 or 3 albums, and are really big in OZ with big live shows, but not much action elsewhere.

Anyone have any idea what/whom I'm speaking of?

Well... Jet is not techno-y in any stretch of imagination. And don't they have just one album out? :shrug:

i said they're the future of rock, and i stand by that.

u2fan2004!

:sexywink:

...sorry skeek, i can't help you.

KhanadaRhodes said:

no you goober, it's U2.

they're australian, right? or are they american? i can never remember.

You decroded piece of crap (napoleon dynamite:wink: ).....clearly by looking at them you can tell they are from eastern malaysia.....DUH!!!

i can't recall anything else really.. they kinda sounded a bit like primal scream with a bit of a less crappy linkin park. definitely vocal oriented.. and supposedly i have one or two of their albums on my computer as i downloaded them and listened to them but now i can't find 'em among my 30k odd mp3s and perhaps i never will

i thiiink so. there may have been multiple singers.. sorry my info is so useless. Umm I think Iremember that it was the 5-8th song or so on the newer album that was featured on something. think a show soundtrack.. and is thus their well-known show. dagh.. all i know is useless and potentially wrong anyway.. but much thanks for all the help

this list of aussie artists was posted by OzAurora in the 'music to recommend' thread:
the cat empire
xavier rudd
hunters and collectors
ed keupper
paul kelly
TISM
john butler trio
alex lloyd
the living end
silverchair
icehouse
endorphin
powderfinger
midnight oil
epicure
machine gun fellatio
the go betweens
george
any of those ring a bell?

I was going to say Spiderbait. They have a male and female singer, but on different tracks. They also seem to diversify quite a lot. They've been described as everything from rock to punk to pop. No techno kind of stuff though.
:hmm:

SkeeK next time you're on slsk I'll send you some stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom