What is this and why isn't there a thread about this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
B0009YGDOY.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009YGDOO/ref=pd_qpt_gw_1/105-5367946-1701232

New song?

lets turn this into an around the sun appreciation thread :D

wanderlust :drool:

Around the Sun is a decent little album, but I LOATHE Wanderlust. The part where Stipey shouts/sings "ME! ME! ME! ME!" makes me want to claw my ears out.

Around the Sun is definitely a grower of an album; sure it was a dissapointment to people who wanted a rocker of an R.E.M. album after Reveal, but taken on it's own it's an awesome album. I've listened to Aftermath quite a few times lately.

Wanderlust sounds to me like REM trying to do something fun and failing miserably.

My favorites on the album are Around the Sun, The Boy in the Well, The Final Straw (which I didn't like when it first came out, prior to the album) and I Wanted To Be Wrong.

Around The Sun is more or less what U2 has been doing in the last albums, the difference is that ATS embraces more periods. I can see clear inspirational moments from "Reveal", "Up", "Hi-Fi" and "Out Of Time".
People were expecting a more rocking REM like in the Monster era but they presented us with a more chilling and relaxed mood and bringing again their own know-how.

The problem is that many songs needed to be more worked, because many of them go around in circles and don't get anywhere.

not their best album but still very good

love aftermath, electron blue, around the sun and the ascent of man

hell, als throw in final straw, high speed train and leaving new york

quite a great album actually

Back
Top Bottom