What is the worst movie that you have seen? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2004, 08:13 PM   #76
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:26 AM
L.A. Story

Old 01-07-2004, 08:15 PM   #77
Refugee

"Freddy Got Fingered" was unbelievably shitty.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:30 PM   #78
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 07:26 AM
Worst movie I've ever seen in a movie theater?

Poltergeist II

The Avengers - It's awfulness didn't really sink in until after I left the theater, the it hit me that I had seen Sean Connery in a Teddy Bear costume

The Haunting (the recent version with Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones)
Old 01-07-2004, 08:32 PM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 07:26 AM

i'm shocked , i like howard the duck and the dune was very good very good , man , you can't hurt people like this

ed wood , quite good too
and life of david gale is a masterpiece

running man , LOTR trilogy .
Old 01-07-2004, 08:51 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:26 AM
Pearl Harbor.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:16 PM   #81
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:56 AM
must agree with biodome and both the stupid cube movies

I must say that I think a lot of you guys are saying things just to be controversial....yes Pearl Harbor was a bad movie, but the worst you've ever seen?

Conan the Barbarian is probably the worst movie I can think of now. I was watching it thinking it will be one of those "so stupid it's funny" movies...but instead I realized it was one of those "so stupid it makes you reflect on how shitty life can be sometimes" movies

I also went and saw Paycheck in theatre with my brother...it is probablu the worst movie I've seen in my most recent memory. I'm not a film buff, but I can pick apart the filmmaking errors in that one
Old 01-07-2004, 09:25 PM   #82
Refugee

Thirteen Days Some of the worst Boston accents I think I have ever heard... And it was sooo boring and just dragged on forever. To make it worse, seeing it in the theatre was a "field trip" for my history class

Also, any sequel to a movie that has different actors cast into the main roles... The Next Karate Kid, Home Alone... 3 was it?, Dumb and Dumberer, etc.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #83
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl02
Thirteen Days Some of the worst Boston accents I think I have ever heard... And it was sooo boring and just dragged on forever. To make it worse, seeing it in the theatre was a "field trip" for my history class
I guess I kind of understand where you're coming from with those complaints, but you have to realize the movie was about something that really happened. They portrayed the subject EXTREMELY accurately. I was still in school at the time it came out, and all my professors (I majored in international politics) praised it and talked about how accurate it was in class. You have to realize that's not exactly the kind of movie that's supposed to be some really fun action fest.

I guess it's quite understandable that I would have more interest in it that others not so interested in International Politics/Foreign Policy, but it still frightens me that people can find the reality of how close the world came to nuclear war 'boring'.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:44 PM   #84
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

I guess I kind of understand where you're coming from with those complaints, but you have to realize the movie was about something that really happened. They portrayed the subject EXTREMELY accurately. I was still in school at the time it came out, and all my professors (I majored in international politics) praised it and talked about how accurate it was in class. You have to realize that's not exactly the kind of movie that's supposed to be some really fun action fest.

I guess it's quite understandable that I would have more interest in it that others not so interested in International Politics/Foreign Policy, but it still frightens me that people can find the reality of how close the world came to nuclear war 'boring'.
I see where you're coming from... the nuclear war part wasn't really boring, but honestly just the way the story was presented is what was boring. I'm a history dork and usually love historical films, but I remember this one just being torture. Maybe it was because I was a high school junior and didn't really care, I dunno. I just didn't like it.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:46 PM   #85
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl02

I see where you're coming from... the nuclear war part wasn't really boring, but honestly just the way the story was presented is what was boring. I'm a history dork and usually love historical films, but I remember this one just being torture. Maybe it was because I was a high school junior and didn't really care, I dunno. I just didn't like it.
It's all good.

I just had to comment.

By the way, sweet sig! Good to see another Clash worshipper here.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:49 PM   #86
Refugee

It's cool, comments are always welcome

And thanks about my sig! Clash
Old 01-09-2004, 08:14 PM   #87
The Fly

Dancer In The Dark, Lars Von Triers is a pretentious twat.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:13 PM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson

Jaws 4 The Revenge (How does the shark know Ellen Brody has moved to the Caribbean and therefore swim down to try and eat her, did he check with the airline?)

.....could happen.......

Old 01-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #89
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by icelle
minority report.

i really hate that movie.

I thought that was pretty good.

"Ghost Ship" sucked the big one.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #90
I serve MacPhisto

Hmm... Well, Waterworld once held the coveted title atop my list but it has been replaced by the movie that will stand alone at the end of this post... And though I liked The Cube, it was still not a great film... Hollow man deserves honourable mention, but there are worse films... John Travolta, consistently terrible, disappointed everyone with Swordfish, it was dreadful, perhaps redeemed slightly by their rather creative visual representation of hacking (which is probably the farthest thing from actual hacking, but still looked quite spiffy) and of course, the lovely Halle Berry.

The thing with things like 'something about mary' and 'zoolander' and 'dude, wheres my car?' is that theyre not supposed to be good movies, although I loathe two of those three; theres something about mary being a movie I enjoy thuroughly

Granted, the Avengers was bad, but it had Sean Connery in it, and I just cant call movies bad where his delightful charm is present.

The award for worst ending ever: the new Planet of the Apes movie - continuity? Who the hell needs continuity!

Mr Brau hit the nail on the head though. Worst movie ever is Battlefield Earth. Hewson, also, with Jaws 4... Actually, any of the Jaws movies after the 1st one really... Sea World? What the hell was the shark doing in sea world? Pfff... Almost, AALLLLMOST as ridiculous as the shark somehow travelling 700kmph+ and waiting for the woman in the carribean... almost

Edit: Another honourable mention goes to Demolition Man, even though this is one of my favourite movies... cant really explain why though... its just so hokey that its endearing, and they actually put a whole half of their ass into making a plot, the dialogue is weak, and the acting is stiff, but its original, which gives it points above the others that are just recycling old ideas.