What is the most moving/heartbreaking thing you've SEEN (real and fiction) - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2003, 09:18 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:42 PM
Ah, I forgot one
real: There was a lady that came into one of my classes last semester (she's native american) as a guest speaker, she was telling us the story her grandma would tell her about what happened when the Indian Removal Act was passed... it was absolutely heartbreaking.

Old 03-04-2003, 10:12 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Real: Three things from the day that we found out my dad had cancer...

When we came home and my mom was on the phone trying to tell my brother. All of a sudden I felt like a little girl again and went over and put my arms around my dad because I couldnt imagine anything happening to my daddy.

When I called to talk to my best friend about it and could hardly get the words out and she said that she was crying along with me. We have been best friends since Kindergarten and she is more like a sister.

Later that night my mom was sitting on the edge of the bed and started to cry and said that she didnt know what she would do without my dad...she couldnt hardly remember what her life was like without him in it.

Fiction: I very rarely cry at movies etc. but when I saw The Hours recently the storyline of Julieanne Moore's character brought tears to my eyes.

Old 03-04-2003, 11:19 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:42 PM
Another fiction one-watching "24" earlier tonight, and when the guy who's gonna drop the bomb out in the desert is saying to his daughter that he's not gonna make it out, and he's saying goodbye to her...yeah, that made me tear up (later something worked out where he wound up being okay, though-I can't remember what exactly happened right now with that, but he did wind up being okay, but at the time that was going on that was really sad...).

Angela
Old 03-05-2003, 06:09 AM   #19
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Real: 9/11
Driving away from my best friend's (and at the time girlfriend's) work place after dropping off a letter that I knew would basically end the relationship and quite possibly end the friendship. I actually had to pull off the road to get myself together enough to keep driving.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:20 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

-grandmother's passing
-a terrible car wreck in the desert
-09/11/01-12/31/01
Old 03-05-2003, 03:16 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
Another fiction one-watching "24" earlier tonight, and when the guy who's gonna drop the bomb out in the desert is saying to his daughter that he's not gonna make it out, and he's saying goodbye to her...yeah, that made me tear up (later something worked out where he wound up being okay, though-I can't remember what exactly happened right now with that, but he did wind up being okay, but at the time that was going on that was really sad...).

Angela

I watched that and thought about this thread, too

After living with these characters a season and a half you really relate to them.

There is something very sacred about...... no greater love than to give one's life for another.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:29 PM   #22
MacPhisto's serving wench

Real...the day my dog died. Taking the body to the vet, just leaving it there, and seeing my dad cry. There's something so terrible about watching a parent cry. it destroys you. You don't know what to do...

Also real: The day I graduated from my dance school. They called me and the three other graduates onstage at the end of our last recital to receive flowers, and I was bawling before they even said my name. All I remember is seeing everything through a sea of tears. Afterward, I had so many parents come up to me and tell me they wanted their kids to grow up to be like me, kids come up to me and say how much they admired me. It was heartwrenching because it was a phase in my life that I had to leave behind--leaving behind your childhood, and I'll always miss it very much.

Fiction: I cry at everything: so many movies and books--Apollo 13, The Wizard of Oz, The Little Mermaid (really), Life is Beautiful, Sophie's Choice, Little Women..basically anything where people die simply ruins me. I'd have to say though, that I was the absoulte WORST at Schindler's List. Over other movies, I shed a few tears, get misty, etc. But I cried for three hours (literally) after watching Schindler's. The scene where he (Oskar) cries.."I could have saved one more..." to this day, that scene kills me.

I also have to say that some of those stories in the Chicken Soup books, although cheesy, are pretty sad.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:05 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing
But I cried for three hours (literally) after watching Schindler's. The scene where he (Oskar) cries.."I could have saved one more..." to this day, that scene kills me.
YES! That was the exact scene I was thinking about when I mentioned Schindler's List. That part just kills me.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:42 AM
I have been moved very often by scenes in a movie and witnessed things in reality that are heart-breaking and can make you so sad...but I'd rather focus on a moving memory.
When I was a kid, I'd had a lovely late afternoon swim and just as I left the water, the sun was setting due west of me and the moon was rising due east, I had this great sense of place. I felt good and I was greatly moved.
My friend's little girl Faith Erin( I love that name) had some trouble walking. I don't see her very often. I remember feeling moved when I saw her and realised she could run.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:23 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
The scene where he (Oskar) cries.."I could have saved one more..." to this day, that scene kills me.
Oh, yeah, no kidding...I feel so bad for Oskar at that part, I just want to jump through the screen and hug him.

Which reminds me of another sad thing that I've seen before that isn't fictional: every time I see a clip of Eric Clapton performing that song "Tears In Heaven" from his "Unplugged" show...he just looks so sad, and knowing who that song is for, again, I just want to give him a big hug, I feel so sad for him. How he can sing that song and not break down in tears is beyond me...I would be bawling halfway through. He's got some emotional strength there.

Quote:
I also have to say that some of those stories in the Chicken Soup books, although cheesy, are pretty sad.

Yep, I've been known to shed a tear or two at some of the stories and poems in those books.

Angela