What is so Good about Oasis and Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:

I honestly love that Bright Eyes song, it's one of my favorites.

I'm still unsure whether or not it's the song, or because of the girl I relate the song to.

:sigh:

just last week I started to get into bright eyes...and so far I like what I hear:drool:

"lua" :drool:

care to recommend some songs???:wink:

xaviMF22 said:

just last week I started to get into bright eyes...and so far I like what I hear:drool:

"lua" :drool:

Land Locked Blues
Road to Joy
First Day of My Life
Easy / Lucky / Free
Lover I Don't Have to Love
Take It Easy (Love Nothing)

The guy's in his '20s and he's released so much material it's insane.

were you being sarcastic about Fix You? :ohmy: (need to check)

LemonMacPhisto said:

Land Locked Blues
Road to Joy
First Day of My Life
Easy / Lucky / Free

thanks for the resposnce

ha ha..:wink:

was I being sarcastic about fix you?? ..
buddy Coldplay is no laughing matter:madwife:

martinkong2kw5.jpg

np, but I beg to differ :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Land Locked Blues
Road to Joy
First Day of My Life
Easy / Lucky / Free

:drool: Lover I Don't Have to Love is the greatest song to be emo to.........:tsk:

Arc Of Time is great too :up: And what about Poison Oak? :madwife:

xaviMF22 said:

Easy/Lucky/Free (I can't say enough about this song. It's beautiful)
True Blue
Something Vague
Loose Leaves
A Perfect Sonnet
Poison Oak
Neely O'Hara :drool: :drool: :drool:
Make War
I Believe In Symmetry (everything from 2:06 on is gorgeous)

I feel a Bright Eyes kick coming on tomorrow now. Excellent.

I don't really have anything to contribute here, I just want to understand why people shit on or are unsure about HTTT so much. And I'm talking about in general, not this board or thread specifically.

I think it's very accomplished and rewarding. I can do without Myxomatosis, but I think the rest is pretty brilliant. And on a side note, I totally adore the fact that all of the songs have alternate titles.

HTTT was the first Radiohead album I got. I quite enjoy it. :heart: The next one I got was OK Computer, and I got The Bends earlier this year. Those are all I have. :angry:

Lila64 said:
what about Oasis. All this Radiohead talk IZ MAKEN ME DI$ZZEEE!

:wink:

Got your message U2Fanatic - thanks :up:

you are so welcome.. i will send out ur cd's next week..:wink:

listen to those cd's and you will see what all this RH talk is all about.:yes: :blahblah:

greenlight7-11 said:
I don't really have anything to contribute here, I just want to understand why people shit on or are unsure about HTTT so much. And I'm talking about in general, not this board or thread specifically.

I think it's very accomplished and rewarding. I can do without Myxomatosis, but I think the rest is pretty brilliant. And on a side note, I totally adore the fact that all of the songs have alternate titles.

:up: :up:

greenlight7-11 said:

Agreed. But I love Myxomatosis.

That is all.

Wait, no it isn't. There's a Thom Yorke interview on Pitchfork today (I haven't read it yet, so sorry if it sucks):
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/feature/37863/Interview_Interview_Thom_Yorke

LemonMelon said:

Everything before 2001. Now they suck.

Oh, grand and wise LemonMelon! If only all of our opinions were as accurate as yours. :bow: I'm going to toss out Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief right now because they suck so much.

GibsonGirl said:

Oh, grand and wise LemonMelon! If only all of our opinions were as accurate as yours. :bow: I'm going to toss out Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief right now because they suck so much.

please girl.. .....do throw them out....

HTDAAB shits all over HTTT:p

GibsonGirl said:

You should. Sarcasm or not. It's good for you. I have a strange feeling that there's demonic secret messages in those albums...:huh:

Just look at the Amnesiac symbol; it's a tiny hot-tamale selling devil! Mass marketing and satanism all in one! :madspit:

amnesiac20artqq7.gif

inmyplace13 said:
Amnesiac > The Bends

I said it.

:huh:

OK Computer > anything else

Maybe that's why the new albums rub me wrong. They've made classics, and their creepy new crap just isn't up to snuff. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom