What is so Good about Oasis and Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dalton said:

Every artist is a cannibal and every poet is a theif. I think Jesus said that. Or Muhammad. Or Sally struthers.

I can't remember.

no, sally struthers is just a cannibal.

Lila64 said:

thanks for the link - I wasn't familiar with that song. I only know a couple of albums and some other tracks :up:

You really cannot go wrong with a Noel-sung track.

Magic Pie
Don't Look Back in Anger
The Importance of Being Idle
Sad Song
Half the World Away
Idler's Dream
Let There Be Love
Mucky FINGAZZZZZ

Cuz it's alright...:dance:

Noel Gallagher belongs in the Underrated Songwriters of the '90s List with:

Billy Corgan
Michael Stipe
Eddie Vedder
and Thom Yorke

since everyone's too busy up Kurt Cobain's ass, like I said in another thread.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Billy Corgan
Michael Stipe
Eddie Vedder
and Thom Yorke

I agreed with you in that thread and I agree with you again. I'm not a fan of Radiohead or Oasis but I have to admit that they were pretty good songwriters. They are in a list of a few bands that I don't like but have to respect as talented artists.

LemonMacPhisto said:

You really cannot go wrong with a Noel-sung track.

Magic Pie
Don't Look Back in Anger
The Importance of Being Idle
Sad Song
Half the World Away
Idler's Dream
Let There Be Love
Mucky FINGAZZZZZ

Cuz it's alright...:dance:

don't forget Little By Little. And if you're on youtube, be sure to check out the versions of Whatever sung by Noel. Really damn good.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

Billy Corgan
Michael Stipe
Eddie Vedder
and Thom Yorke

I don't think any of these artist were by any means "underrated" in the '90's as every radio station (and MTV) I listened to constantly played their music during the decade and most all of my friends owned CDs by these artists.

And on another tangent, why do most people here on Interference act as if REM didn't exist before the '90's? Their most influential period on the music world in general was during the '80's in my opinion.

u2popmofo said:

I don't think any of these artist were by any means "underrated" in the '90's as every radio station (and MTV) I listened to constantly played their music during the decade and most all of my friends owned CDs by these artists.

I think they were underrated because they were in the shadow of another group. Pearl Jam had Nirvana, REM had U2 and so on.

ok, radiohead fans..:wink:

AOL radio is doing a thing called overdose radio featuring Radiohead : Overdose Radio – Radiohead features music from all albums, live cuts, obscure b-sides, acoustic gems and random Radiohead rarities including their original 'On A Friday' demos.

go to this link and listen to it online...(definitely hearing some obscure stuff so far) : http://radaol-prod-web-rr.streamops.aol.com/radio/radioclient/common/html/

u2popmofo said:

And on another tangent, why do most people here on Interference act as if REM didn't exist before the '90's? Their most influential period on the music world in general was during the '80's in my opinion.

I love all of R.E.M.'s material, but I think Michael Stipe's best songwriting was on Out of Time, Automatic..., New Adventures..., and Up.

I should've clarified my statement more, but when you hear an Oasis song on the radio it's Wonderwall, R.E.M., it's probably Losing My Religion or End of the World...('87 I know, but bear with me).

People my age rave about Nirvana after hearing one song, or that it's the in-thing to do, is it really the in-thing to like R.E.M., the Pumpkins, Oasis, or PJ? They deserve just as much credit with the public as Nirvana/Kurt Cobain gets, and even more in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom