What is Rocknroll?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always thought Cameron Crowe put it best in "Almost Famous"

... and it's okay, because rock and roll is a LIFESTYLE... and a way of thinking and it's not about money and "popularity!"- but it's a voice that says here I am... and FUCK YOU if you can't understand me.

And one of those people is gonna save the world and that means that ROCK AND ROLL CAN SAVE THE WORLD -- all of us together.

But we didn't do it for that! We are here because we needed to fuckin be here, not just 'cause we needed to away from Troy, Michigan, WHICH WE DID... but what it all comes down to is that thing. The Indefinable Thing, when people catch something from your music, the thing you put into it. I'm talking about... what am I talking about?

THE BUZZ! And the chicks, the whatever, is an off-shoot of THE BUZZ. And like -- you saying you liked "Fever Dog?" That is the fucking buzz, man. All we get are these fucking old-ass interviewers who don't understand, don't LISTEN, don't appreciate why we are here, which is the fuckin' BUZZ.

But... it's not what you put in, is it? It's what you leave out. Listen to... listen to Marvin Gaye...

A song like "What's Going On." That single "woo" at the end of the second verse - you know that woo - that single "woo."

That's what you remember. The silly things, the little things... there's only one, and it makes the song. It's what you leave out. That's rock and roll.

I actually like to think that rock and roll is the 50s pre-Beatles Elvis, Chuck Berry stuff, and that everything after is pop music (that they're all part of pop culture). But anyway, yea, I freakin' love pop music, it's a great way to express yourself.

Back
Top Bottom