What is Radiohead's most popular or best known song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maoilbheannacht

Refugee
I'm curious to know what people think is their most widely known song. If you were to play a Radiohead song to someone randomly walking down the street, which Radiohead song would they be most likely to have heard before?

Creep?

That probably got the most airplay (radio and video) back in the day, and is probably the only song still played on "mainstream" radio.

Creep, unfortunately.

Got to admit though, Yorke's vocals on that song and album are very strong, especially when he sings that hour-long "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU *passes out, hits head on coffee table, wakes up and makes electronica album*

"Creep", but I think "Paranoid Android", "Karma Police", and "Fake Plastic Trees" are pretty close.

:lol:

I heard a guy sing it at karaoke once, and he did an admirable job. I still think it's an amazing song. I know their debut album is pooh-poohed a lot and the band doesn't even like the song all that much anymore (right? or are annoyed by it? or something? i think?) ... they could have done a hell of a lot worse to make their arrival on the music scene with that.

"Creep", but I think "Paranoid Android", "Karma Police", and "Fake Plastic Trees" are pretty close.

I could not pick Paranoid Android out of a lineup if it mugged me at gunpoint.

But yeah, Karma and Fake are the other two songs I would have named.

I definitely agree with you there. It's just an odd bird compared to the rest of their discography.

Karma Police is the #1 track of the last 6 months on Last FM if you don't count the songs from the new album. Paranoid Android is right behind it, then Creep. I seem to have met a lot of people who only know Karma Police or Creep. :|

For me personally, if someone asked me to "show them what Radiohead's like", I'd play Paranoid Android for them.

Does Last FM mean anything to a random joe on the street? I thought that was the point of the original poster - if someone was unfamiliar with Radiohead, Creep would be the one song they would recognize.

Does Last FM mean anything to a random joe on the street? I thought that was the point of the original poster - if someone was unfamiliar with Radiohead, Creep would be the one song they would recognize.

Wurd. I was just throwin' it out there to sound smart and stuff.

For me personally, if someone asked me to "show them what Radiohead's like", I'd play Paranoid Android for them.

Agreed. Most everyone loves Fake Plastic Trees as well, so that would be a good alternate, depending on the person's tastes.

I'd like to throw out Just as another candidate. It really livened up the crowd at the show I went to, and everybody knows the video.

Oh, so everyone laid down on the sidewalk out of the sheer angst of "oh shit, not the U2 and Coldplay bullshit again."

I dunno ... they strike me as the kind of band who really isn't looking for a mainstream radio or video success. So Joe Schmoe on the street not knowing any of their songs isn't the worst thing ever, is how I see it.

I think sometimes I misread the little "meh" smiley. Oh well.

In U.S. definitely Creep. I didn't even know any other Radiohead songs until In Rainbows came out.

It was actually the straight face smilie, as I was showing no emotion. I heard that's what you're supposed to do if you want people to think you're a tough guy. Maybe it was that or don't use smilies for people to think you're a tough guy. I can't remember.

:|

That little guy just makes me sad.* And empty. And so, so cold.

I think I'll just lie down here on the sidewalk. Please try not to trip over me; I don't want to be any bother.

*but he's so, so danged useful on this site, isn't he?

That little guy just makes me sad.* And empty. And so, so cold.

I think I'll just lie down here on the sidewalk. Please try not to trip over me; I don't want to be any bother.

*but he's so, so danged useful on this site, isn't he?

Some people use it as a way to end most sentences.

I'll take that over people that end every sentence with lol. In lowercase.

I've only ever heard Creep lol.

Sorry, u2popmofo, I'm picking on you for no good reason. I'm in a mood tonight. :)

I'll take that over people that end every sentence with lol. In lowercase.

I've only ever heard Creep lol.

Sorry, u2popmofo, I'm picking on you for no good reason. I'm in a mood tonight. :)

Snarky to the max.

That ain't no etch-a-sketch.

My "lol" example wasn't meant to be another useless semi-jab at u2popmofo, by the way.

In case that was unclear. Because I think every other post by me tonight is weird and totally not coming across the way I'm intending it to mean.

"I do it to myself, I do, just me and no one else," said the creepy paranoid android to the fake plastic trees.

Back
Top Bottom