What is Lost about, anyway?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's about this Island that has mysterious mystical properties, that can heal people's disabilities, make people pregnant, give people visions, change destinies, and these (several) groups of people who are living/stranded/working on the island for whatever reason. But more than anything it's about the individual characters' straightening out their own lives and finding personal redemption. And you could say the plot is driven by the superficial actions that take place between all the characters and the bizarre connections they all have with one another.

So really it's a show essentially based on the characters' lives and personal choices.

I love it. :drool:

Seinfeld on an island, with hotter guys :wink:

I still like it but it is kinda about nothing until all is finally revealed eventually, if that even happens. It seems to be more about nothing now than it used to be.

WinnieThePoo said:
it could ve been a great 240 mins movie

or a movie trilogy, or just a really, really good miniseries.

definitely not a 22-episode per season network drama.

Lately, it's all about cages, operations, and contrived weirdness.

It needs more authentic weirdness...more underwater images of sharks with logos on their fins...I thought they were heading somewhere great at that point :(

The people who write it know they have problems. I wouldn't be shocked to see the series end abruptly.

In any case, martha, you ain't missing nothing. The best episodes happened a long long time ago.

If the ratings are any indication, I'd say we're in for a Quantum Leap-esque botched finale sometime soon.

Canadiens1160 said:
If the ratings are any indication, I'd say we're in for a Quantum Leap-esque botched finale sometime soon.

Good analogy.

I forgot how much I used to love Quantum Leap, and there's a huge disparity between the earlier and later episodes.

Speaking of another killed show, how about Sliders?

I fear this series is going to go the way of Twin Peaks, which is a brave call considering that series started off relatively normal - just a little odd, before it finally confused itself into a fatal coma, and this series never pretended to be anything normal right from the start. However, let's hope it ends before it goes the route of Twin Peaks and makes bugger all sense to anyone.

:slant:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Good analogy.

I forgot how much I used to love Quantum Leap, and there's a huge disparity between the earlier and later episodes.

Speaking of another killed show, how about Sliders?
Sliderssssssssssssss

Ok here's the pitch:

"A plane crashes on a deserted island, the viewrs think they're stranded but they are actually dead and in a state of purgatory, then shennanigans ensue!!!!!!!"

"Sounds great, green-light!!!!"

a few episodes later........

"Shit, they've figured it out, what do we do?"

"Streeeeeeeetch and just create pointless characters and plotlines until we come up with something!!!!!!!!"

a few seasons later........

"Got anything yet?"

"No, WE ARE SCREWED, just get the fat gay, the Aussie and the redneck, some beer and have them try and restart an old mini-bus for no fucking reason at all"

"Sounds great to me, I need a new yacht and we've gotten good at streeeeetching"

:wink: seriously, I like the show, it beats most everything else, it just seems to go nowhere like the latter episodes of X-Files and Twin Peaks. The network is making them bend over to stretch poltlines and they are having to write some nonsense here and there.

Back
Top Bottom