what is a "corncrake"? North and South of the River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Does anyone know what a corncrake is,
or would anyone like to take an educated guess?
A biscuit/cookie?sought after late at night when the serious munchies set in?
A pesky journalist?seeking out music stars late at night?

Schmeg asked a question about the song "north and south of the river". That motivated me to look in my new lovely lovely LOVELY book by Christy Moore. It has a page devoted to Christy's thoughts about the co-writing of that song and it also has an earlier draught written by Christy" Hands Across the Lough"
It is interesting to see how a song develops and can be polished. I'll type out that song and some quotes when it is not 2 hours before the year 2003 AD and I am not typing under the influence of applle ciderrrrrrrrr:happy: :kiss: :lmao: :combust:
show me the way to go home..............oh,
I am home:yawn: :bono: :heart: night night.

seriously..what is a corncrake?
seriously....best wishes to all of you for the new year

Attachments

• christy&bono.jpg
    christy&bono.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 84
hang on...it might be a bird?or a piece of machinery?it makes a sound I now realise

if all else fails.....
the caption under that photo in the book says,
"With Bono. Looking for corncrakes. 1999"

"Sing the song.":yes: :wave:
:larry: :adam: :heart: :edge: :bono:
:dance: :bow: :lmao:

corn?crake (k?rnkrk) n.
A common Eurasian bird (Crex crex) with a short bill and brownish-yellow plumage, found in grain fields and meadows.

Ingredients:
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup white flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 cups milk
1 egg
2 Tbsp oil

Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Stir the wet into the dry just until well blended. There will be lumps.

Cook on lightly oiled heated griddle until bubbles burst on top, and bottom is light brown. Turn and cook other side until browned. Serve with warm maple syrup, applesauce, or other favorite topping.

thank you skeek and the fabulous gheto

funny you should mention eggs, gheto.....but I think it deserves a thread of it's own.
**cass starts twitching**
I have to stay off that apple cider. I woke up at about 4 am to check on my hens ( *see Nature's Gift thread) and I thought I saw an angel.............it must have been New Year or lack of sleep or.............something. Certainly not lack of food.....ewwww i binged on chocolate last night ewwwwwwwwwwwww.
Thanks guys.....2003 looks good from here, so far.
It's a beautiful day.:yes: :wave: I've brokne my first NY resolution already...visit Interference less! I'll make another one right now....send some money to Elvis, asap.

meegannie said:
I like tortillas.

I can make flour ones. I use to make them all the time with my mother. It is part of my heritage. :sad: shit now I am getting all nostagic and stuff. Flashbacks of my childhood. :scream: I want my mommy. Where does the time go?

now i want to go listen to it...

i :heart: this song...it's my favorite bside...just curious...did anyone else think that christy was a girl for a long while? :ohmy: :eek: :angel: it seriously took me months...then it was just cause someone told me...

is in the eye of the beholder

a blind man once said to me.
thanks for the info.

ghetofabu said:

I can make flour ones. I use to make them all the time with my mother. It is part of my heritage. :sad: shit now I am getting all nostagic and stuff. Flashbacks of my childhood. :scream: I want my mommy. Where does the time go?

HOW ON EARTH do you make flour tortillas??? Can I have the recipe?

Back
Top Bottom