What interesting items are you collecting right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to collect the guitar pins from any Hard Rock Cafe that I'd visit. I think I did that with shot glasses too. but I stopped in high school. ended up with a bunch before I stopped. haven't collected much in recent years. I did discover what a U2-posteraholic I am though when I cleaned out my room at my mom's house a month ago. I hope I can find a use for them when I get a house :drool: maybe a U2 game room or something :lol:

U2Girl416 said:
I did discover what a U2-posteraholic I am though when I cleaned out my room at my mom's house a month ago. I hope I can find a use for them when I get a house :drool: maybe a U2 game room or something :lol:

I've got a lot of mine up in the bedroom, but it works since our house is small and that room is also hubby's music room with his guitars, etc... so he doesn't mind them up there. :drool:

ooh that room sounds nice :yes: I discovered my Pop double sided poster that I got from a music store's display window and a few "subway" sized posters from Elevation era with the plastic wrapping still on :reject: I think I just bought anything I saw because I was never sure if I would see it again. :lol:

Sicy said:
I recently started to collect the Lolita martini glasses.

I got 2 for birthdays and bought one for myself. :D

lolitaglasses.jpg

'

I have 'Shopaholic', 'Poker-tini', and 'Bad Kitty'.

Each one is hand painted with a theme and they are great quality and a perfect size. Also on the bottom of each glass is a different recipe for a drink. :drunk:

I normally dont 'collect' stuff because after a while I start to feel like its just clutter that I dont need.

Those are really cute. :drool:

Nothing at the moment. I used to collect hockey memorabillia back in the day but now it's all in my mom's basement. She finished it a few years ago so it's displayed, but that used to be my big thing back in high school.

Oh my gosh, I :heart: indra's cats! :love:

Sicy, those are really cool martini glasses. :up:

I collect music magazines, I buy a lot of them and then just can't throw them away. I keep them in totes in the basement, and I still have a bunch back at my parents' house. I figure I'll have to part with some down the road, but I'll hang onto them for now. I cut all of the Ryan Adams stuff out of them though to add to my scrapbook.

100_1823.jpg

ScrapbookNew.jpg

I've added more stuff since then, I need to get a bigger binder.

I also like Barbies. :)

BarbieTable-1.jpg

I collect postcards. Not ones i buy, but ones sent to me from around the world, by family or friends on holiday, or just friends through my postcard forum.
I have over 200 of them from the last 5 years, and I love them all. When i get my own place i'm going to put them up on a mobile thingy in a room like some family friends have done - it looks awesome

Bonochick said:

I also like Barbies. :)

BarbieTable-1.jpg

WoW! :ohmy: My grand-mother collects them too! But she used to have alot more!

I collect bottles. Alcohol and old Pop bottles. If anyone wants pics, I'll take one!

Bonochick- I think you beat me in barbies!! And I thought I had a lot :yikes:

Well I finally uploaded my Beatles collection :lol:

MaddysBeatlesPoster-1.jpg

BeatlesShirtCollection.jpg

This plays Birthday (don't you just love the dancing hamsters???)
BeatlesDancingHamster.jpg

BeatlesClosetCollection.jpg

BeatlesBook.jpg

MsPurrl said:
Wonderful, Maddy! I sure wish I still had all of the Beatles memorabilia my Mom got rid of when I moved out and got married.
:huh:

How could anyone get rid of Beatles memorabilia?? That's like.....disobeying the holy Gods of Beatlesness! :lol:

I've got my collection of U2 Rolling Stone covers (still missing a few, but that gives me something to keep searching e-Bay for!).
aboveclosetcopy.jpg

southernwall407copy.jpg

Then I've got my collection of U2 on vinyl:
westwall407copy.jpg

eastwall407copy.jpg

I also have a few figurines from a line called "Charming Tales" by artist Dean Griff, but I don't have any pics of those right now. I only have about 6 pieces, so it's not that interesting a collection at this point, anyway. :)

Last edited:
BluRmGrl - you know that they sell framed Rolling Stone artwork on the Rolling Stone site. Kind of expensive, that's why I've never bought one... but I have the web addy bookmarked here somewhere... Very cool!!!

BluRmGrl said:
I've got my collection of U2 Rolling Stone covers (still missing a few, but that gives me something to keep searching e-Bay for!).

Me too. You've probably outbid me a couple times on ebay! Hard to find them w/o address labels...

Lila64 said:
BluRmGrl - you know that they sell framed Rolling Stone artwork on the Rolling Stone site. Kind of expensive, that's why I've never bought one... but I have the web addy bookmarked here somewhere... Very cool!!!

:hmm: No, I didn't know that... and Mr. Blu might end up wishing I'd never found out! :lol: If you find that bookmark, let me know. :up:

Originally posted by zuropa_fit
You've probably outbid me a couple times on ebay! Hard to find them w/o address labels...

Maybe???? :reject: :D I've actually bought a few that had the label on them simply because the rest of the cover was in such good shape or so hard to find. The older labels actually come off pretty easy with a little steam applied to them. :yes: Sometimes it doesn't even take that much effort. The glue on those labels dries out & releases pretty easy on older copies.

MsPurrl said:
Wonderful, Maddy! I sure wish I still had all of the Beatles memorabilia my Mom got rid of when I moved out and got married.
:huh:
Ugh my mom's mom did that too. We'd be rich now if she could have kept it. :grumpy:

zuropa_fit said:

Me too. You've probably outbid me a couple times on ebay! Hard to find them w/o address labels...

:shifty: You guys have also probably outbid me a few times too. I collect U2 covers as well. :lol:

zuropa_fit said:
Bonocomet, are things back to normal down in SoCal?

For the people who didn't lose their homes, things are pretty much back to normal. Thanks for asking :hug:

Back
Top Bottom