What Instruments Do You Play?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
I thought it would be interesting to see what other musicians we have on the board.

I'm proficient at drums, a beginner/intermediate harp player, and have very very very basic keyboard skills.

Saxophone, *very* rudimentary guitar.

That there are harpists is extremely cool, and a little unexpected. What prompted you harpists to learn?

Having a saxophonist is pretty cool as well:up:

Last School Year I was taking a music theory class, which greatly enhanced my appreciation for classical music. Combine that with a Joanna Newsom obsession, and the Harp was the perfect fit for me.

Guitar, bass, harmonica, and vain attempts at teaching myself the piano.

Oh and one of these:

recorderhu6.jpg

Having a saxophonist is pretty cool as well:up:

Last School Year I was taking a music theory class, which greatly enhanced my appreciation for classical music. Combine that with a Joanna Newsom obsession, and the Harp was the perfect fit for me.

I would love to learn cello. :drool:

We have a piano. I should start dabbling in that. Maybe this winter when I'm bored.

Drums (I did for about three years, but stopped over a year ago now because I broke my arm) & the violin (which I gave up after three years too)
I'm a big quitter when it comes to instruments. I'm just not musical, and they're just too hard.

I played piano for a few years, just the basic books and stuff, but then we went to a different campus for half a year in Year 9, and they didn't have a piano, so that stopped that. But I would love to get back into it... does anyone know if there are any good like "piano tabs" sites or something? I'd love to learn how to play RTSS or October or Imagine on piano.

I also want to teach myself guitar down the road... any tips?

I've been a singer for years (mainly chamber choir-type stuff, with some forays into singing with rock bands and singing for weddings), and used to be a very proficient pianist.

I majored in music and gave an hour-long piano recital my senior year of college, but haven't played for some years now. I can't play any of the pieces I used to know, but slap some music in front of me and I can play it. I get roped in to plunking out notes for choir from time to time, and it's a relief to know I CAN still play, I just need to get back into the groove.

I really miss playing.

I also played French Horn in junior high and high school. I don't miss that. :wink:

Not gonna lie, that's fucking awesome.

Thanks, pf. :wink: I've been debating whether or not I should record a video of Shine On You Crazy Diamond (pts. 1-5), but nftube would own me in every way possible. :sigh: Check that guy out, he's insane.

Thanks, pf. :wink: I've been debating whether or not I should record a video of Shine On You Crazy Diamond (pts. 1-5), but nftube would own me in every way possible. :sigh: Check that guy out, he's insane.

I'll look him up, but you should do it anyway. That song's stellar.

i play bass guitar and bass guitar only. anything more than 4 strings is a waste of time (unless you're victor wooten).

Nice guitar! I have a black one myself :up: been playin for about 5 years.

Thanks! It looks nice, but it's a piece of shit actually, heh. I want to sell it to an unsuspecting teenager. I much prefer my Strat...

I can also play bass decently, I mean any guitarist can really :wink:

Truth! I'm hopeless at slapping and popping, though. I need to take some lessons...

That's awesome, GibsonGirl! :up:

I play acoustic guitar and the piano, and can very horribly play a few tunes on violin and the flute. My musical background has been mainly vocal and piano, although I haven't been a part of a choir or had piano lessons in many years.

I took guitar lessons at a local community centre last year, and it was an incredible price, with a fabulous teacher. I'm hoping to take the next level in the fall.

Thanks! It looks nice, but it's a piece of shit actually, heh. I want to sell it to an unsuspecting teenager. I much prefer my Strat...

Truth! I'm hopeless at slapping and popping, though. I need to take some lessons...

Yeah, I can't do any of that fancy stuff. I can play without a pick though, so I sort of consider myself able to play bass :wink:

Strats are awesome. that was my dad's main axe for a long time though he recently just got a gorgeous all black Telecaster. I love my Explorer but sometimes I'm a bit jealous...

I also have a Fender Squier which is the cheap version of the Strat for anyone who isn't familiar. it's cream and white and left-handed so I string it backwards...I'm like the reverse Hendrix :wink: i have an acoustic too

i'm jealous of anyone who can play piano. I'd love to learn sometime. I had lessons as a kid but wasn't disciplined enough.

Saxophone, focus mostly on soprano
Guitar
Basic piano playing, mostly use it for composing
Some shit harmonica playing that I throw in once in awhile when I'm feeling folksy haha, I need to meet someone who could actually teach me to play it well.

Back
Top Bottom