What If This Is All Just A Dream??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
You know how sometimes dreams seem to go on for a really, really long time? You wonder how you could have dreamed about all of that stuff in just 3 or 4 hours or whatever?

What if my life has all been a dream, and I'm not really 19? Maybe I'm still dreaming right now, and none of this stuff is happening. Maybe I'll wake up and still be 5 years old.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
You know how sometimes dreams seem to go on for a really, really long time? You wonder how you could have dreamed about all of that stuff in just 3 or 4 hours or whatever?

What if my life has all been a dream, and I'm not really 19? Maybe I'm still dreaming right now, and none of this stuff is happening. Maybe I'll wake up and still be 5 years old.

I think that you have seen the Matrix too many times!!!

*Pinches Bonochick*...there, you are not dreaming.
smile.gif

------------------
The joker is the best card.

WOW! But somtimes I think that way. Hell, sometimes I just wish my life was just a dream! weird.

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Well if it's all been a dream then there's nothing to worry about, is there? Have you ever had the feeling that your very earliest memories (2, 3, 4 years of age) are dreamlike? Those really early memories felt like dreams even when I was living them.

what can you do? Go on living like it is life.

For all we know we are a brain in an advanced computer gaming system sitting on some child's desk.

Bonochick, I like the way youre thinking... its that logic that Ive used to base my theory that I do not exist - which I of course do exist... however, if you follow along, who can prove that our life is just not some limbo where we are transisting from non-existance into existance? Or that we arent just someone elses dream, into our heads (also a figment of their imagination) their thoughts are deposited and the rest of the world exists only in their mind as a test of the dream character? Existing and yet not existing...

Who else is confused
biggrin.gif

Someone will understand what I mean...

Sometimes...I look at myself in the mirror and realize that this is my entire life...I am a person...this is all I will ever be...and that kinda freaks me out.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
I'm drunk. I should have never opened this thread.

*lmao*

------------------
"I don't know you,

when i was wee i thought that everything in the world existed only when my vision fell upon it. if i closed my eyese the world ceased to exist-i never got around to theorizing about sounds though-if i turned around it all just disappeared.
wait a sec
when i was three
i thought the world revolved around me

i was a little older than three but it's close
smile.gif

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

kobayashi, I believed the exact same thing, and I even invented weird experiments to prove my theory. (Such as closing a door and then opening it again really quickly, duh!)

I suppose to a certain extent I still believe it. I also think it's possible that I'm a figment of my own imagination.

I think, therefore I am.-- Rene Descartes

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by PopFly:
I think, therefore I am.-- Rene Descartes

"But if I think not, am I not? I think not. don't you think?"

If anybody knows what TV show that is from...you are a freak too.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Well, I didn't know, but I thought it deserved an answer, so I looked it up. Saved by the Bell.

Right now that sounds pretty fucking good to me. Yeah. I'm five.

MAP

I guess I'm a freak too, Bonochick, because I knew what that was from without having to look it up. Lisa's trying to impress a smart guy she's dating, right? I've seen too many episodes of Saved by the Bell...
icon24.gif

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
I guess I'm a freak too, Bonochick, because I knew what that was from without having to look it up. Lisa's trying to impress a smart guy she's dating, right? I've seen too many episodes of Saved by the Bell...
icon24.gif

*lol* What was her date's name? Brian?

Man, that show was my fave back in middle school...I must have seen every episode about a gazillion times!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

If this is all just a dream, I now know what not to do when I wake up.

And I now know which women I should go for first, as opposed to falling in love at inconvient times!

"Hello, this is Billy!"

<Insert Name Here> "Who?"

"Fuck! It's only 1987!"

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Bonochick, I like the way youre thinking... its that logic that Ive used to base my theory that I do not exist - which I of course do exist... however, if you follow along, who can prove that our life is just not some limbo where we are transisting from non-existance into existance? Or that we arent just someone elses dream, into our heads (also a figment of their imagination) their thoughts are deposited and the rest of the world exists only in their mind as a test of the dream character? Existing and yet not existing...

Who else is confused
biggrin.gif

Someone will understand what I mean...

Hmm. Well what if... what *if*...
We were all portals like in Being John Malkovich? What if right now, there are people standing in lines on the 7 and a half floor of some office building waiting to spend 10 minutes in our heads 'living' through our bodies, seeing what we see, feeling what we feel, then mysteriously being dumped off at the New Jersey Turnpike?

No seriously, this thread reminds me of Being John Malkovich. I know it sounds goofy but... After I saw that movie for the first time I got a creepy feeling that lasted days afterward that sometimes when I act irrationally or do something I normally wouldn't do, that it was really someone puppeteering in my body and controlling my thoughts and actions.

OK, impossible. Maybe I'm looking into this way too much because I have way too much time on my hands right now. heh.

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
its that logic that Ive used to base my theory that I do not exist

Believe me, this is far from "your" theory; Generations of philosophers since Descartes have pondered the mind/body problem. It even has a name (solipsism).
By the way, as an aside, may I recommend a book called Consciousness Explained. It's quite a good read.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom