What if the Beatles and Rolling Stones had been the other way around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
What if The Stones had gone on to disband in 1970, Mick Jagger was murdered in 1980 and the Beatles were still plodding on...occasionaly putting out an album with a big supporting tour? Would John Lennon be having Lenny Kravitz play on his solo-albums?

What kind of effect would this have had on their legacies? The world as a whole?

------------------
This post brought to you by: Commerce "America's natural resource."

AIM: JuanSwallow

thats actually a great question.

i have no idea. i suppose maybe rs would be hailed higher than the beatles? or what if the rs's had exited earlier and become really huge before the beatles ever did? what then?

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

I just don't think the Stones made music that touched people as greatly as the Beatles did, even when they were both around.

If Mick had died early, then of course he would be celebrated ay above the status he deserves, just like every other prematurely dead rock star.

Yeah,great question!!

I think that when Mick or Paul Dies England will be in the same state of numbness as the death of Princess Di!

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

I don't want to sound disrespectful or anything, but if there's an alternate reality out there where the Beatles are still together, making music (and most importantly ALIVE), sign me up.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

What if The Stones had gone on to disband in 1970, Mick Jagger was murdered in 1980.....

His lips would still haunt people to this day.
biggrin.gif

Imagine Keith's eulogy at Mick's funeral:
"er, mmm mmph, er Mick mm pplll bbg em Mick bbblll wa thbpt Mick, oioi mmhh Mick"

------------------
The joker is the best card.

Back
Top Bottom