What heavy/hardcore/scream-filled/loud music do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I know that lots of us get in moods where we just want to hear something LOUD and ANGRY. What do you listen to in those moods?

My favs:

Rage Against the Machine
Minor Threat
AFI
The Misfits
Sex Pistols
Sparta
At the Drive In
Thursday
Black Sabbath
System of a Down
Queens of the Stone Age
etc, etc, etc, etc

Last edited:
i dont really like that sort of music.

im more into music along the lines of my radiohead's my iron lung, foo fighters, that sorta thing.

Iron Maiden! Iron Maiden! Iron Maiden!

Bruce Dickinson-solo

Black Sabbath

Metallica--up through the Black album

did I mention Iron Maiden?

arw9797 said:
Metallica--up through the Black album

I totally agree, anything after that is pretty inconsistant. That S&M live album with the orchestra is pretty neato though.

u2popmofo said:

I totally agree, anything after that is pretty inconsistant. That S&M live album with the orchestra is pretty neato though.

never checked that out. I love And Justice For All! I think it's my favorite even though some of the early early stuff is better.

I have a friend who is really into Opeth. I don't have any of their stuff but I keep forgetting to tell him to make a mix for me. They're really good.

arw9797 said:
Mofo what do you think of Disturbed? I think I might need to get some of their stuff.

My roommate likes them, and he's quite the officianado on all things Metal. If he likes it, it's gotta be pretty cool.

Who I really like, that I should buy some stuff of is Rammstein. That's cool stuff.

i like rammstien

i saw messugah open for tool. didn't like them

Sometimes I go the way of Goth-y stuff when I'm ticked. The Cure, Bauhaus, that kinda stuff. A little different feeling, but dark none the less.

meegannie said:
Rammstein have DISTURBING lyrics. :no:

I dont speak German. I've heard some of them are quite interesting though.

My British roommate lived in Germany for 2 years though, he doesnt seem to be too offended by the lyrics. (He was in Germany as a missionary)

On another note, the lead singer for Rammstein was an Olympic Diver/swimmer. I cant remember which, I know it involved water though. hahaha

yertle-the-turtle said:
Prodigy then, although my idea of loud music involves less metal and punk like the Clash and the Buzzcocks and stuff. I'm a mellow person. :)

Understandable. I only recently got into all the harder stuff. I hated it until lately. I cant listen to it all the time, but I like to now and then. Makes me really appreciate the other genres more when I listen to it.

I'm not really that much into heavy music, but I do love Deep Purple. Probably because my parents are big fans; they used to dance to Deep Purple at the university parties when they were young, :)

I also like System of a Down; their singer has a killer voice IMO.

Salome said:
Atari Teenage Riot

Wow, you kick ace. Atari Teenage Riot are an actual riot to listen too. I think it's pretty funny stuff, but also very rocking. I listen to their stuff so much at used cd stores, just because I like it, but not quite enough to buy. I'm down with em though.

I'm really impressed with everyone's choices so far. Really impressed.

The Wanderer said:
Tool (though I dont think they qualify as any of the above except for maybe being sometimes "loud")

They totally qualify in my opinion. It's pretty heavy stuff compared to most of the music people usually talk about on these boards.

I really still need to buy their latest album, I LOVE Schism, the riff kinda reminds me of Radiohead.

i still don't own any tool albums

i need to get something of theirs. lateraulus maybe...what album is "eulogy" on? i love that song

I can't believe I've been left out of this conversation...

First of all Lateralus kicks ass; and Schism is an awesome live song. I don't remember too much of that concert. Too many bongs floating around in my section. Meshuggah did suck.

As far as loud stuff goes, I'd say Black Sabbath (before Ozzy left, everything else after is just crap in my opinion; Tony Iommi rocks though)... when I was in my early teens I had my Metallica phase... I really like "No Leaf Clover" from the S&M album, but none of their newer stuff appeals to me.

Some punk too, like the Clash (semi-loud, but great nonetheless) and Sex Pistols...

I saw Godsmack one time... they were ok, but I totally lost respect for them after the Grammy's. Did you see the lame clap that Sully gave Coldplay... what's up with the cameramen always picking random artists reactions to things... who cares what Godsmack thinks about anything. Just because you served two days in jail Mr. Urna, doesn't give you street cred, and certainly doesn't make your music better. Go smoke your sweet leaf and stop complaining about Greed, when you make millions of dollars... asshole.

i used to like godsmack, i got really bored with them though.

sex pistols :up: yet ANOTHER thing i have on cassette tape (at home it's on vinyl) that i can't listen to until i buy nbew batteries for my radio :mad:

Back
Top Bottom