What has been the single happiest moment of your life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Outside of children being born.

I'm especially interested in the answers from younger posters.

:hmm:

edit: And yeah, this should be in Lemonade Stand. Whoops.

Maybe I should have something more close to home...something in regards to family...but, seriously, I don't know if I could possibly get any more thrilled than when Ryan Adams called me after I won that contest. I love his music much so much, I admire the heck out of his talent. To be able to actually have a one-on-one conversation like we did...I mean, how many people get the chance? It still blows me away.

- U2 concerts with Phil (yeah, I'm not ashamed to admit I had more fun at U2 shows than our wedding. He'd probably say the same)

- when I will be picking up my dog on July 27. I have waited my entire life for her....

- seeing a pack of wild cheetahs up close in Africa

:hmm: let's see:

I'm single, never been married and have no kids. Therefore I'd have to say that thus far my two happiest moments would have to be:

- meeting Bono and having the opportunity to shake his hand and have him sign my book

- my first (and only) trans-Pacific flight. The excitement, the butterflies, the anxiety....what a feeling. And the moment I stepped out of the airport and onto Chinese soil for the first time...wow! Indescribable!

I'm graduating with my PhD on May 19, and I'm pretty happy about that.

In my personal life, I'd have to say City of Blinding Lights at the first Vertigo show I attended, on 5/22/05. That night I realized my life was going to go back to normal after I'd been treated for pretty severe depression for a year, and had suffered from it for probably a year before being treated. It sounds kind of corny to say that the best moment of my life was at a U2 show, but when the confetti dropped and the band came out, something clicked inside of me, and I caught myself thinking for the first time in a long time "Everything's going to be all right."

BonoIsMyMuse said:

In my personal life, I'd have to say City of Blinding Lights at the first Vertigo show I attended, on 5/22/05. That night I realized my life was going to go back to normal after I'd been treated for pretty severe depression for a year, and had suffered from it for probably a year before being treated. It sounds kind of corny to say that the best moment of my life was at a U2 show, but when the confetti dropped and the band came out, something clicked inside of me, and I caught myself thinking for the first time in a long time "Everything's going to be all right."

:hug: Wow! That brought a tear to my eye.

I have had so many great moments so it's hard to pick a best.

My wedding day. Swiming in the ocean for the first time was an amazing feeling. Every time I travel I just get a great feeling I can't describe.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

:hug: That brought a tear to my eye too.

Well if we can't say the birth of a child... :hmm:

I can't say these are the best, but they are on the top list:

-Getting into the Edun event with Maddy and getting to shake Bono's hand and getting that pic of her with him
-Going to Hawaii for a U2 show with friends, meeting tons of people, and Maddy getting pulled on stage
-Seeing U2 from the front row at Staples with Amy & Maddy after scanning in. Surreal.
-Hawaiian honeymoon

Muse I have to 3rd that your post made me cry :hug: Congrats on your upcoming graduation :)

Actually being able to go to the Hawaii U2 show and rooming with some of the best people I have ever met :). The memories will last me a lifetime. Met so many other great people on that trip too :)

Seeing all of the band members except for Larry up close and personal. Very surreal feeling!

Going to my first ever U2 shows with my bf

Losing 90lbs

My father fighting back hard against his illness

Meeting the love of my life he has made me the happiest that I could ever dream of being

When Tim Horton's introduced their new Butter Caramel Iced Cappuccinos.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

This is beautiful. I wholeheartedly agree, I felt the same way at the opening Vertigo show (my 1st U2 show LIVE) and each Vertigo show afterwards the same feelings. Awesome.

:up: Good luck on your phD, doc!

BonoIsMyMuse said:

:) :hug: Glad to hear things are working out for you!

That made me smile because I was like that as well. My Grandfather, who I absolutely adored, passed away only weeks beforehand and it was a really tough time on the family. Seeing U2 come out to City of Blinding Lights, which I obviously love, was the single greatest and happiest moment of my life. I was realising one of my life goals. I was so happy. The best night of my life.

:) Great thread, by the way, Lancemc!

I think it's a tie between:

1. Seeing U2 for the first time in 2005 and getting in the first row outside the ellipse.

2. When I went to Rome earlier this year - specifically when I was entering the city on the bus from the airport and we turned a corner and I suddenly saw the Forum and the Colisseum.

3. The moment I knew I was falling in love for the first time.

- Meeting U2 in London last September.
- babydoll
- when we found out it was hot pink, and it finnally found its home after a month it stuck in the middle of nowhere.

there is something about City of Blinding Lights live... I think it may have been Wake Up coming on the PA and then City with all the confetti and Bono suddenly being right there in front of me...it was my third U2 concert but my first time in GA, I was right next to my best friend and right along the rail, I'd spent the whole day in GA line and met some really cool people... everything had led up to that moment and it was so worth it. when you're a U2 fan there really is nothing like a U2 concert

however i hope for many moments to top that one :)

catching baby puffins on the Westman Islands off the coast of Iceland is probably a close second just because it's so strange and amazing. I was only 11 at the time... I hope to go back to Iceland sometime soon... :)

Meeting Bono twice in the same day! :happy: :love: :dance:

It was a combination of absolute elation and lustfulness!!!! :combust: :faint: :combust: :faint: :combust:

Back
Top Bottom