What happened to the discovery channel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
It seems the discovery channel and national geographic channel has become 24 hour 9/11 and Iraq documentaries...did they run out of animal footage? Its the two most depressing channels on tv!

not really because i noticed this way before...i just don't feel like watching back to back war documentaries, its an important subject, but discovery channel has to balance it out from time to time

The discovery channel is pretty much the only thing I watch on TV anymore, and they definitely weren't too heavy on war before 9/11 week.

They're programming these days consists almost entirely of Crappy Afternoon Programming, then Mythbusters, SurvivorMan/Man Vs. Wild, Dirty Jobs, The Deadliest Catch, and those programs about Building shit.

If you think the Discovery Channel is getting away from things, check out the The Learning Channel (TLC). You don't "learn" shit there.

MrPryck2U said:
If you think the Discovery Channel is getting away from things, check out the The Learning Channel (TLC). You don't "learn" shit there.

But the execs learned that Learning doesn't equal ratings.

Originally posted by U2democrat
I enjoy the Travel Channel...too bad we don't get it here at school :grumpy:

Yes indeed, the Travel Channel is very helpful when planning trips. :yes:

I also enjoy the Vegas Do's & Don'ts and the World Poker Tour coverage. :up:

I can't really say anything currently about the Discovery Channel ... it's been removed from our program line-up for about a year now. :sad:

BTW ... I love your sig of Sting, Andy & Stewart. :bow:

I love the programming on all of these channels-Discovery, TLC, History, Travel, Food Network, Animal Planet.....there's always something on and there is soooo much to learn from their programming!

Survivorman, Cash Cab, Mythbusters, for the Discovery channel; The Wrath of God, History's Mysteries, for the History channel; Heroes, The Office for NBC; Extreme Makeover: House Edition, America's Funniest Homevideos (AFV) for ABC; Bones, House M.D. for Fox; The Amazing Race, Survivor, CSI, CSI: New York, How I M et Your Mother, for CBS. Um....I think that's it

Back
Top Bottom