What famous people have you met?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
And what did you think of them?

I interviewed Pat Sajak and Vanna White Friday. They're in KC taping three weeks of shows. They were nice and very short. Pat was pretty funny.

Then the week before I interviewed Ed from Ext. Makeover: H.E. He's the British guy. They were in KC doing a home and a local company did the framing so Ed toured their facility and I got to do a story. He was extremely nice. Very down-to-Earth and cool.

I've met other famous people, but during the last two weeks I've gotten to hear who other people have met and I wanted to hear your stories.

6 past and present members of the rock band ASIA - I liked every single one of them

Kirk Cameron - great guy, very friendly

Oksana Baiul - sweet, smelled nice

Davy Jones (of the Monkees) - friendly

Trans-Siberian Orchestra - all very nice

John Larroquette - not rude, but not overly friendly

I've met several people who are famous in the Christian music industry.

Last edited:
not many - Bono, some gymnasts such as Mary Lou Retton (84 Olympic AA champ), Amy Chow (96 Olympic Team champ), Courtney Kupets (national champ, 04 Olympian), childrens author Patricia Polacco, Lance Armstrong said "hi" to me, I sat next to Warren Buffet at one of the DATA tour stops (didn't really "meet" him though since I didn't really know who he was until someone pointed it out afterwards).

David Crosby (of Crosby, Stills, Nash) -- I bumped into him at a coffee shop in Cali, I apologized and he was very nice about it and smiled. I thought it was him but not sure until my father's girlfriend began freaking once we left.

Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 -- He was a skeev :|

Ben Folds -- friendly

The bassist from Days Of The New -- he was very friendly, he let me interview him for an article

Dave Thomas -- (shrugs)

Mark McGrath -- Didn't really meet per se, just got to dance onstage with him with a few other girls.....

I'd give it all up to dance with B or meet him! :wink: :wink: :p

Bono, Edge, Adam

Michael Jackson (back in the 90s), Good Charlotte, Shaggy (at a Rolling Stones concert lol), Stephen Stills, Tom Petty, Adam Duritz and Immy from Counting Crows, Jon Bon Jovi AND his Mom, Heather Locklear, Mary Wilson (the Supremes), Donovan, John Sebastian, Stereophonics, Samuel L. Jackson (shopping in Atlanta), Sister Hazel, Bob Geldof...

I'm sure there's more but those are the only ones I can remember right now... :)

i've met a bunch of Olympic swimmers -- Pablo Morales and David Berkoff were both world record holders and gold medalists.

Gwyneth Paltrow -- tall, very pretty, very nice and polite and had the grace to extend her lovely hand and say, "hello, my name is gwyneth." as if i didn't know.

i've also seen, but not met: David Schwimmer, Richard Kind, Whoopi Goldberg, Richard Dreyfuss, Oksana Baiul, Gordeeva & Grinkov, Viktor Patrenko.

well I lived in hollywood for a few years, and worked at the biggest record store there amoeba records, so I have met my share.
Morrissey, John Taylor of duran duran, elvis costello, dwight yokahm, Chloe Sevigny, winona ryder, parker posey, wilmer ( fez), Jt chaze ( nsync, what an asshole) Dave navarro perry ferell, anothony keidis, gwen and gavin, carmen electra, so many more.

I know that alot of these people will make you go "Who??" In any case here ya go...

Vanessa Atler (US Gymnast) - via email. Friend of mine was an aquaintance of hers. Sweet girl.
Kristen Maloney (US Gymnast) - Also via email. Another sweet girl.
Shannon Miller (US Gymnast)
Bill Walton (NBA All-Star)
Paul McGuinness (Manager of some band) ;)
Jewel - 1990s when she was first starting out here in San Diego
Marissa Tait (actress) - Went to Highschool with her
Ananda Lewis (MTV, Talk Show Host) - My 6th grade tutor/went to highschool together
Sara Rameriz (Broadway Actress)
Sarah Zimmerman (Broadway Actress)
Priscella Allen (Actress)
Holly Robinson Peete (Actress)
And who knows who else. I can't remember anyway.

Ok I guess I have to let the cat out of the bag. During the 80s and 90s I was a major Star Trek fan so I've been to a bunch of conventions. I've met all of the major players except for Picard and Bev Crusher.I even got a big kiss from Worf who I happened to have the hots for at the time. :love: I've also met the Counting Crows and Milla Johoviche(sp).

Coldplay - Chris Martin seemed pretty unsociable - the rest of the band went to the after show party while he stayed on their bus. He did give a few autographs.

Lowgold

A few Northern Irish tv folk

Sue Townsend

Michael Palin

In London I walked past Jamie Oliver and Chris Evans but we didn't say anything to them. We also saw Tony Blair. Also saw Adam in Dublin one year we went down shopping.

I have met other folk, just can't remember who now.

U2NSTLOU said:
Ok I guess I have to let the cat out of the bag. During the 80s and 90s I was a major Star Trek fan so I've been to a bunch of conventions. I've met all of the major players except for Picard and Bev Crusher.I even got a big kiss from Worf who I happened to have the hots for at the time. :love: I've also met the Counting Crows and Milla Johoviche(sp).

You're not alone here. Abel is also a huge fan of Trekiness. She checks out the conventions every year. :)

Cleasai said:

You're not alone here. Abel is also a huge fan of Trekiness. She checks out the conventions every year. :)

Thats great . Its nice to know that theres a few of us out there. My freinds and family kinda thought I was a little crazy for going to the conventions and all but it was worth it.

John Edwards-freakin hot

John Kerry-reeeeeeaallllly tall

Joe Biden-totally awesome

Bill Clinton-he called me sweetie :cute: (NO not in that way you sick mind you!)

Hillary Clinton-it was cool then she scares me now

Jesse Jackson-i remember meeting him i don't remember what i thought of him

Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu-he stroked my cheek saying "bless you child" as he
was dancing to traditional African music

Bill Walton-also reeeeaaaallly tall

Shaquille O'neal-see above

Mark Warner-see above (gave me a high five :applaud: )

Tim Kaine-very personable

Janeane Garofolo-we vented about Jerry Falwell together

Paul Begala-total sweetheart

Tucker Carlson-also a total sweetheart

Donna Brazille-funny as all get out

Al Gore-he was excited to see me

John Grisham-i don't think he wanted to be bothered...it was at a Kerry rally

that's all i can think of for now...i'm pretty sure there are more....

U2democrat said:
Shaquille O'neal-see above

Hang on, is he that sports guy who live in Florida that people call shack (I guess it's not spelt like that)?
If so, i've met him too, but I had no idea who the hell he was - he's good friends with my Dad's neighbours.

I met Brendan Fraser in the lobby of the Clarence Hotel a few years back.

And all I could think to say was, "I loved you in 'Encino Man.'"

I thought better of it and kept my mouth shut.

Back
Top Bottom