What famous people have you met?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:
I didn't meet these musicians...but Jesse Malin acknowledged me from stage when I sneezed loudly between songs...:lol: :eek: :reject:...

That's just too funny!

Rivers Cuomo (of Weezer fame) and i hung out one night in paris when i was studying abroad. he's a really strange dude.

and my ex-roommate was on "the Apprentice." dunno if that counts as famous... :wink:

I count booksignings as a meeting, I've been to a bunch of those

Bruce Springsteen
Bono
Larry
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
President Clinton
President Carter
Rudy Giuliani
Hillary Clinton
Curt Schilling
Johnny Damon
Ted Williams
Dorothy Hamill the figure skater
Brendan Fraser when he was making a movie near me years ago

I think that's it-I've seen a few famous people from near/afar, but I didn't meet them

Irvine511 said:

Gwyneth Paltrow -- tall, very pretty, very nice and polite and had the grace to extend her lovely hand and say, "hello, my name is gwyneth." as if i didn't know.

Same here... we had dinner together in a NY restaurant (obviously by chance) and she was incredibly nice... I posted details in another thread.

But she also said "hello, my name is Gwyneth" :)

Don Henley - not much personality
Ted Kennedy - grumpy old man
Neil Diamond - very polite and pleasant
Lou Gramm of Foreigner - nice as could be!
Ozzy Ozzborne - also polite, but he was very ill at the time
Bette Midler - nice, down to earth and very funny!
Joan Rivers - believe it or not, a real sweetheart
Keith Urban - (country singer) shy and a lot shorter than he looks on tv.
Paul Rodgers of Bad Company - very nice, respectful and talkative.
Ted Nugent - flirty and very full of himself
Steven Tyler - damn sexy!:drool:

Bono (soooo nice!!!!!)
Bono's Dad, Bob :hug: (the man!!!)
Phillipe Albert (football player), shy but nice
Alan Shearer (football player), lovely as usual!!!
Peter Beardsley (ex-football player) very pleasant!
and some soap stars who I can't think of right now, hmm!

I've met

Andrea and Sharon Corr

Keith Duffy (plays bass for The Corrs, not the Keith Duffy from Boyzone :p)

Kelly, Cathy and Ciara from Bellefire (the ones who covered U2)

Vinnie Jones

Tony Allen

plus a couple others who I wont name as they're sad. ;)

Cleasai said:
Hey, now that's pretty cool! :cool:
i knew i was forgetting someone worth mentioning when i kept bitching that i hadn't met anyone worthwhile. then it dawned on me.

he signed his two cookbooks for me, and i got a pic. he also answered a couple questions i asked him (he was there for a book signing/q+a).

my parents own the coop apartment that steve tyler from aerosmith grew up in..he came to my house a couple of years ago and we hung out with him for 2 hours while he reminisced about his childhood....he mentioned my family on the z100 radio show and on oprah winfrey....my whole family is on their vip list and ive seen them live for free and had backstage passes and everything. the agent even told me my family has the max amount of stars next to our name to show our priority when calling up for ticks... thats me on steven tylers left and my twin brother on steven tylers right. ive also met jerry orbach, rod gilbert ( famous rangers hockey hall of famer)..and my brother met clyde frazier and vanilla ice believe it or not.

sorry if this pic is blurry..it was first taken with a polaroid camera and then scanned and resized to fit the sites limit.

Attachments

• 100_0203.jpg
    100_0203.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Mostly athletes since I work in pediatrics

-Ray Bourqe
-Cam Neely
-Abruzzi (From the patriots, cant remember his first name for some reason.)
-Ted Johnson
-Derek Lowe (is an asshole)
-Nomar Garciaparra
-Got drunk with Brian Rose an Brian Daubach (previously of the Red Sox) once in Toronto
-Dennis Leary
-Lenny Clarke
-The Irish Guy from Titanic who got shot at the end. (I'm so bad with names)

I'm drawing a blank on the others

kellyahern said:

:hyper: Which one was he/she?

she was on the 2nd season, and is VERY short. and bossy. and her name starts w/ "S" and ends with a "y", and her last name begins w/ a "R". :wink: (don't wanna type her name, in case she does a "google" search or something!)

U2 (3 times), R.E.M., Bob Mould (Husker Du), Pearl Jam (4 times),
Neil Young (3 times), Soundgarden, David Bowie, Gordie Howe, Crowded House, John Travolta (way back in 83 when he was in disguise at the Ritz in New York - it was hilarious), Chuck D...I know there's a few more but I can't remember right now.

Alanis Morissette
Kevin Smith
Edward Burns
Gilby Clarke (ex-GNR)
Phil Lewis (ex-LA Guns)
Bono
The Edge
Adam
Henry Rollins
Debra Messing
Mark Harmon
Rosalind Carter
Breckin Meyer
Keanu Reeves
Chris Cooper
Colin Farrell (we didn't talk, but he winked at me)
Jeff Probst
BP Fallon
Dennis Miller
Gunnar and Matthew Neslon
Jani Lane (ex-Warrant)
Donnie Wahlberg
Mark Wahlberg

I didn't actually meet Lenny Kravitz, but does this also count? :

I was vacationing with my family (a biiiig family!) in Italy - we had rented a big big house with a pool up in the mountains in Toscany when all of a sudden a car pulled up and the real estate agent stepped out with LENNY!!
We were all outside lying by the pool and were too dazzled to even move and quit drooling after we realized that it was in fact Lenny Kravitz. Appearantly he was interested in buying the house, which was gorgeous, by the way. I don't know if he ended up buying the place, though.

I live in Belgium so not many celebrities out here, but I did see (not meet) Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger when i travelled to Ohio last year for a fitness contest.

Back
Top Bottom