What famous people have you met?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono and larry
said hi to adam from across the road if that counts?

some of this is south african, some english so how much the americans willget i dont know....?

played pool with the cranberries, met brian may from queen, david seaman, skin from skunk anansie, paul mccartney, michael schumacher, kevin spacey, anthony minghella (director cold mountain), tim burton, couple of brit actors - daniel craig, steve coogan and stephen fry - and pretty much the entire england, new zealand and south african rugby teams as well as most of the south african cricket team, few of them were friends of mine.
maybe a few more but thats all i can think of right now.

I've met - in no particular order -
Tom Hulce [he played Mozart in Amadeus]
Kelly McGillis
Mel Gibson [short and rude]
Kenneth Branagh [exceptionally funny man]
Gwen Stefani [she is like Polly Pocket she is so tiny!]
and Tony [bass player for No Doubt]
Bill Clinton [man that man has personal magnestism! and he remembered me from the first meeting to the second and third over a period of a few weeks]
Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna [at a liquor store]
Larry [thanked ME for letting him use a sharpie for a bunch of autographs, when he came back to return it to me after he was done - nice guy]
Edge [who told me to move my finger out of the way so I wouldn't ruin the pictures - haha - wonder why I was so nervous?]
Adam [who was a another perfect gentlemen and thanked me for some thing I said to him - and he smelled good and had a very nice, sincere hand clasp motion]
Bono [who wasn't doing autographs and stuff - had a sore throat - but for some reason gave me a hug instead - maybe I looked like I was going to cry or something? - man does he smell good!]

Oddly enough, I once babysat for my eye doctor's kids, when his sister was in town. One of her kids was one of the orphan kids in Escape to Witch Mountain and he did a cereal commercial. I can't recall his name but at age 16 he was the most 'famous' person I had ever met.

YellowKite said:
Adam [who was a another perfect gentlemen and thanked me for some thing I said to him - and he smelled good and had a very nice, sincere hand clasp motion]

I fear that if I met Adam and he smelt good, it may be enough to turn me into a gibbering fool.
:(

OH Jerry Douglass. Bluegrass fans will know who he is. He's the world's greatest dobro player, was on several songs on the "O Brother Where Art Thou?" soundtrack and often plays with Allison Krauss. I used to be his neighbor, I carpooled with him and his kids to school and he used his Grammys as doorstops :laugh:

beau2ifulday said:

I fear that if I met Adam and he smelt good, it may be enough to turn me into a gibbering fool.
:(

yeah, well I don't clearly remember what I said, only what people have told me I said, so clearly the resulting gibberering fool is the expected outcome in these situations. :)

I'm a newspaper reporter, so I've met a few famous people in person and interviewed others on the phone (if that counts).

In person:
Dan Quayle (I hate the fact that he's probably the most famous individual I've ever met in person. I wish it was someone cooler), Judy Woodruff from CNN, Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack and Sen. Charles Grassley.

On the phone:
Lou Rawls
Kathy Mattea
Merle Haggard
Henry Jaglom (film director)

Last edited:
:hmm: I have many lets see-
Bono- 2x we actually spoke and I got a picture, 3rd got his autograph before an elevation show through his car window :D
Adam
Paul Mcguiness
Simon Lebon
Limahl -from kajagoogoo fame really cool
Billy Zabka- the blonde in the karate kid
Jody Watley
Rob Thomas
LL Kool J
All of Third Eye Blind
Howard Stern
Rosie O'Donnell
Jackie Mason-comedian
Boy George-slammed into me dancing on the dance floor at a club in Miami
Vin Diesel- His limo drove me and my friend home in Miami; really cool guy

I know there's more; It'll come to me-

Corey Snyder - baseball player
Don Shula - football player turned NFL coach
Ozzie Newsome - football player
Dennis Martinez - baseball player
Andre Thorton - baseball player
Jon Foreman - singer of Switchfoot - before they became famous

I need to meet some musicians for a change...

Coldplay
Moby
Paul MacGuiness
Gavin Friday (sort of)
Damien Rice (... and Vivian the cello player!)

*every last one of them was super nice.

apparently i met judd hirsch (no clue how to spell his name...more commonly known as that guy in 'taxi') when i was 2. i really don't remember that.

uh.......mike mccolgan from the street dogs (*sigh* ex-dropkick murphys). and since that means nothing to 99% of the people on this site, i'll end here. anyone else i may mention would be from even more obscure punk bands, and arguably not technically famous.

Musicians:

-Bono, Edge, Adam (several times)
-Andrew Farris (INXS)
-Jim Kerr (Simple Minds)
-Charlie Burchill (Simple Minds)
-Lou Graham (Foreigner)
-Michael Anthony (Van Halen)

Athletes (that most would know):

Tom Brady
Lyle Alzado
Charles Barkley
Bo Jackson

Those are the big ones I can think of off the top of my head. ALOT of lesser known college athletes. But most of you wouldnt be familiar with them.

ugh, i'm an idiot. i've met more famous people:

Ed Norton
Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crowe (they are short and skinny)
Lisa Gay Hamilton
Jack Kemp
Mario Cumo
Arianna Huffington

Angel said:

Damien Rice (... and Vivian the cello player!)

^I also have met them several of times. :wink:

I have met:

Marcus Schenberg :drool: *hot male model*

Neil Flynn *the guy who plays the janitor on Scrubs*.

John Smoltz *pitcher for the Atlanta Braves*

Steve Lundquist *US Olympic Swimmer*

Gary Player *PGA golfer*

Newt Gingrich :| :| (an infamous US Republican )

Bob Barr :| :| (another infamous US Republican):drool:

Last edited:
I've met a bunch of NASCAR drivers, some other people involved with NASCAR and John Glen.

Nothing too interesting.

Back
Top Bottom