What doth thou think of Winamp? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-19-2005, 08:08 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Originally posted by alia612
I have a question. Right now I'm using foobar2000 to listen to music and various other programs to watch video - Winamp plays video, right? anyway, I'm thinking of switching to Winamp for everything, but does it use a lot of resources? whenever I use iTunes it uses tons of memory and is generally very slow, and foobar is exactly the opposite. how much space/memory does Winamp take up?
Yeah WinAmp plays video..You can even watch internet tv on it which is pretty cool. My WinAmp application was about 4.93 MB. You can choose the type of installation you want though; like full, custom etc. So far it hasn't slowed my system down any so should it be ok.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:15 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 02:03 PM
I use Winamp since I have memory (or internet)

I don't know how to use iTunes lol I have it, but it's just using space in my hardrive

Old 08-19-2005, 11:40 PM   #18
War Child
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Originally posted by IWasBored

Real Player is actually better than Windows Media Player, but only slightly. It was designed and should be used only to play live/streaming video. Windows Media Player on the other hand has no specialties (expect creating dumb filenames like .wmv), and it tries to do everything and does a crappy job doing it.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:06 AM   #19
War Child
Local Time: 09:03 PM
I have every file on my computer all on one winamp playlist - works fine for me . Then i've got everything accessible , but of course for a lot of programs my archive would be screwed up , my U2 stuff for instance is sorted out By

1) Albums
2) A - Side Edits
3) B Sides
4) Unreleased and Rare [I Tunes]
5) Unreleased in Any Form Songs
6) Salome
7) UF / War Demos
8) Contract Demos
9) U2 Covers (By Others
10) Concerts by Date
There is no way an alpabetical sort would give that
Old 08-20-2005, 08:09 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Axver

See, that's one reason why I don't want iTunes - I don't want a program to organise or sort my files, I have my own archiving methods on my hard drive that I don't wish to change. I love WinAmp because I can just whack everything I want onto a playlist and then I have both that playlist and all the controls I need in front of me in a simple interface that doesn't cause clutter.
There's def a way to set iTunes up where it doesn't move everything to an iTunes folder, I used to have it that way but then I got sick of it.