What do your pets ENJOY listening to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Babyface
First, you may ask 'how do I tell what my pet likes to listen to?'

Well.. the answer is simple...: Pay attention to what you've got playing, and if they are in the room or not, and if they stay there or not. If they dart out of the room soon after you put on Bon Jovi everytime, I'd guess they arent really Jovi fans.

Now as for my pets...
I've noticed that my cats seem to be REALLY eclectic. They'll stay in my room for hours while I'm blasting everything from Radiohead, Sigur Ros, hard european trance, and U2 (as well as a few other things).... but they seem to leave the room after a few minutes when I put on any classical music, enya, enigma, and even Moby :\

My fish on the other hand, well they of course like to swim around to Jimmy Buffet.... and everything else I play. They don't seem to really have the ability to dart out of the room, or even the tanks - so not sure if the fish count for this lil survey ;)

UnbeLIEvably not cool,

"." is pronounced 'dot'. You may also refer to me as 'the dot', but not 'period' or 'the period'. '.' is in no way affiliated with /. (also known as slashdot)

I was listening to a lot of different CDs in my room last night, just laying in bed and being blue. My cat was on the bed with me, but when I put some Wilco on, she came over and curled up against me, purring. Coincidence?

I think the real question of this thread should be why nobody has ever take . as a name until now??

then this thread would not belong in Bang&Clatter anymore though
and since BC went through all the trouble of moving it here that would be a shame

I don't have any pets
but if I did they'd better love Hunters & Collectors
since they are possibly the best band to ever roam this earth

Basstrap said:
I think the real question of this thread should be why nobody has ever take . as a name until now??

The answer is simple:

Because they aren't cool enough. :yawn:

my cat enjoys it when i play the guitar. trust me, he's the only one.

either that or he's waiting for spare guitar strings to escape so he can play with them. that's always a possibilty :shrug:

he doesn't like AFI :down:

My dog would sleep through nuclear warfare, so music isn't really his thing.

My pets (several cats and two dogs) seem quite happy with whatever I play (mostly The Church and related material, Gersey, Art of Fighting, Remy Zero, etc.), but one day I played the bonus disc from The Church's Forget Yourself CD. I had never played it on the home stereo before, and when it began to play, all the animals just dove for cover! It was really amazing. It was as if they were all sure the world was crashing down on them. It took a few playings for them to get over that feeling, but they are now fine with it too.

IWasBored said:
my cat enjoys it when i play the guitar. trust me, he's the only one.
he doesn't like AFI :down:

Heheheheh...
One of my cats seems to think she has to out-yowl Davey... quite the duet they have sometimes when I have my AFI fix cranking...

My dogs like classical, I put the radio on for them when i go out.. leftover habit from when I worked at the vet hospital/kennel and the shelter... it really does soothe them and keep them from getting bored....

My cockatoo likes U2 and I saw her doing her interpretive dance to Dave Matthews, so she must like him too. She likes rock, and anything with drums will get her dancing.

My mom swears the dogs like ABBA...

The soft rock station works like a charm for relaxing bulldog puppies. The minute they heard Bette Midler's "Wind Beneath My Wings" they were out like a light. :wink:

Last edited:
My cats seem to hate most of my music. Although they do seem to enjoy Ryan Adams or Wilco. I think they're sick of U2:(

The also seem to like it when I play guitar. Which is good, considering they are the only "audience" I've had.

Perhaps cats like the vibrations of the bass, while dogs don't?

Sometimes my parakeet starts chirping when I put on U2 DVD's with the volume turned up. She could be quiet, I turn up volume and she starts chirping.

thrillme said:
Perhaps cats like the vibrations of the bass, while dogs don't?

That makes sense.
Maybe it reminds them of their mother's purring ? :confused:

My cat and dog seem fairly indifferent to whatever's playing. My horse however, loves Madonna. No-one believes it til they see it. He gets grumpy if you change the cd.

wolfeden said:

Heheheheh...
One of my cats seems to think she has to out-yowl Davey... quite the duet they have sometimes when I have my AFI fix cranking...

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom