What do you wear on your feet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have only three pairs of shoes: cross trainers I've had for four years and only wear when I'm required to for PE classes, and two pairs of brown leather shoes for work in the winter. Right now I'm looking for black shoes or dressy sandals so I can wear my nice black pants.

I have about 12 pairs of sandals/flip-flops, mostly the cheap Old Navy ones (white, pink, navy, electric blue, black, brown, and various striped ones), some dressy sandals for weddings, some tall brown flip-flops for my pants that are too long, some funky brown ones with beads, some adidas sport ones, and a pair of plain black Tevas.

Fuzzy light blue slippers.

No boots, nothing with pointy heels.

Last edited:
Adidas running shoes (sooo comfy...)
Salomon hiking/cross training shoes
Merrell casual shoes (sooooo comfy)
A couple pairs of dressier shoes...rockports I think
An old and very beat up pair of birkenstocks
A slightly less beat up pair of Eddie Bauer sandals
A pair of water/sport sandals

And at home a pair of comfy slippers

IWasBored said:
dm146011004.jpg

Ditto.

^ Also have the exact same pair of Dr Martins! For the rebel in me. Had them for a few months......anyone know when they stop being painful to walk further than 10 feet? The amount of blisters I have had from them is unreal!

Dudette said:
^ Also have the exact same pair of Dr Martins! For the rebel in me. Had them for a few months......anyone know when they stop being painful to walk further than 10 feet? The amount of blisters I have had from them is unreal!

They do take a while to break in but you shouldnt still be getting blisters. Are you wearing them with army socks? Big thick heavy mens socks?

I've worked in a shoe shop for more than 10 years. I have lots of shoes but only wear 2 or 3 pair as there the most comfortable. Some customers are so fussy when buying shoes they drive me crazy. You'd think they were buying a house the time it takes them to decide, and sometimes men are the worst!!

beli said:

They do take a while to break in but you shouldnt still be getting blisters. Are you wearing them with army socks? Big thick heavy mens socks?

Well I haven't tried army socks. I have stolen a few pairs of pretty thick socks from my brother they do sort of help. Although wearing tights they are fine, but not exactly ideal for the Summer.

They give me blisters at the back, above the heel the material kinda pokes into my ankle that only hurts when I'm on long works.

Thank you oh DrM guru.

I have a ton of Puma shoes. Love them. I think I have about 7 pairs of Puma, a couple of pair of New Balence and the rest just flip flops and a nice pair of boots. I'm lucky in that at work we are really casual and thus my Puma's make my life easier.:wink:

Am I alone in favoring heels over flats?

In the summer I switch between heeled sandals and flip flops since you're supposed to vary your heel height. But I wore some BCBG pumps to 3 Vertigo shows in a week last month and they were honestly the most comfortable shoes I've worn for standing up all night (and day) and jumping along :dancing:
-- only problem was that the heels were too small and kept getting stuck in the grid floor holding the rail down :mad: - scratched them all to hell. :rant:

I :heart: heels.

i got some asics, adidas and pumas and red converse ive had forever and surprisingly after many uses are still in quite a good condition :)..
new balance are comfy for work but they dont really work with my everyday clothes

It's me the Shoe Bitch--I just added a pair of Earth Shoes to my collection--strappy sandals-they feel like you aren't wearing shoes. Check out their website--they have some boots that are a must have for winter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom