what do you want the next album to sound like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More classic. I want them to turn back like U2 did after Pop. I want Radiohead to record their own ATYCLB.

------------------
Take the money and run

it should sound like thom yorke is banging pots and pans with his blattus, with the same vocal shrieks and incoherence of bjork.

oh wait that is just aphex twin with vocals.

-mlle. sallevagine

------------------
~whortense wiffin
walla walla, washington

right

mock Aphex Twin

he still is way ahead of Kid A

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

i know very little of aphex twin, but i have heard some people compare the two bands styles.

one person said that like spinning plates is a complete rip-off of a certain song from a band called "boards of canada."

perhaps that deserves a thread of its own.

i have a good idea (well not me personally or anything) about what the next album will CONSIST of. colin recently told a reporter that they were hauling in all sorts of new electronic equipment: in other words, a much more electronic album.

for those who want the bends part 2, i say dont hold your breath.

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
for those who want the bends part 2, i say dont hold your breath.

Boooooooooooooooooooo * holds breath *

I hope bear is right and they do keep going in the experimental mode. I like the direction they are headed. I know I am in the minority on that one here but oh well.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
that would be the biggest mistake radiohead could make.
They won't.

Was recording ATYCLB the biggest mistake U2 could make??

I just happen to be one of those people who will take good solid songwriting any day over something "different." I tend to think that too much credit is given to experimentation. But anyway, I know I don't exactly belong in this conversation because I only have The Bends.
smile.gif
I did listen to Ok Computer years ago and I think I'll get it soon. And I would like to at least listen to their more recent stuff too.

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-23-2002).]

no Calluna, you are not along, I listen to Amnesiac more than anything else these days

as long as they don't make an aerosmith-type record it should be good

Thanks, Wanderer. It is very good to know that I am not the only Amnesiac fan around here.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

who are all these newbies?

implying that they might be gay, is stretching a bit, isnt it salome?

ive noticed you posting here a few times. you cant hate radiohead that much do you?

------------------
-Cloyd
-Balls McCone
-Cloyd (again)
-Blattus
-Box Bran-Delle

I'll newbie your face deathbear. Where are all your 500 names anyway?

Never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking again. EVER!

------------------
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
ive noticed you posting here a few times. you cant hate radiohead that much do you?
I never did
I did detest all the insane Radiohead-related threads in "Everything You Know Is Wrong"

that guitar player looks like a girl

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

im gonna pull a u2girl and ask why my thread was closed.
i wasn't drunk when that was written, in actualy fact i was interested to know how many of you agreed with me.

oh well

So you wouldnt mind a U2 SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thread in main?

If you think they suck you could always express your discontent in the suggestion box.. it just looks shitty in here.. sorry.

Then why did you say ...in actualy fact i was interested to know how many of you agreed with me. ?

sorry for missing the joke.

I think, with all due respect, that it is a bit early for Radiohead to be recording their own ATYCLB. Plus I don't actually think they are that kind of band.

My prediction (cause I'm not about to say what I WANT them to do) is that forthcoming Radiohead releases will reveal more of the band's blackly absurdist, comic side.

Just as U2 had to rebel from their media image as po-faced saviours of the world, Radiohead may feel a need to break free of the depressed, morose, elevators-and-car-crashes image they've acquired (which ironically the last two albums have only served to reinforce; echoes of Rattle and Hum?).

I think - or at least I sense - that Radiohead may circle back to more of a band approach in future. But, who knows? They are a different sort of band in that, I think, Thom Yorke does pull the strings to a great extent. And his frustration with the 'rock band' sound is well-documented. Maybe he has moved on from that.

If anything, in a lyrical sense, I expect Radiohead to become more explicit as time goes by. If you read the interviews, it becomes pretty clear where they stand as people when they survey the world at large. But in their music, they've gone under the cultural radar on that, mostly. The Bends and parts of OK Computer were probably as up-front as they got on that score. Maybe that will change in future. Or maybe Thom still has no faith in words (which is pretty much what all the gibberish was about, right?)

Actually I think U2 comparisons are more or less useless at this point. I've already contradicted myself three times in this forum when comparing U2 and Radiohead, which might suggest something is amiss.

Comparing Radiohead and U2 is silly... they are taking their careers in completely different directions. Expecting RH to make Bends pt2 is like expecting U2 to make ATYCLB... oops! they DID make ATYCLB! I hope RH keep making creative leaps forward like they have been... and like U2 USED to.

Back
Top Bottom