What do you think of Michael J Fox?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dougal55

War Child
Hi!

Just thought Id ask you about Michael J Fox after I have just read his book "Lucky Man - a memoir".

I thought it was a great but also quite moving account of Michael J Fox's life as well as his crusade for a cure for Parkinson's disease. It was a bit ironic that I used to dislike him a bit but after reading his book I have have the utmost admiration for his courage and fortitude when he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and his attitude towards life in general. He is an amazing guy and I pray that a cure is found "within 10 years" as his foundation have said as part of their mission. They have stated that they'll be out of business if a cure is not found by then which I thought it a bit ambitious but there's nothing wrong with that I guess....

It has also been an useful education to learn all sorts of things about Parkinson's disease in the book as you just never know it might turn out to be me or anyone else at a later age. It usually affects people between 50 and 65 years of age but anyone with it at Michael's age was quite rare as it only affects roughly 1 in 100,000 Americans.

Anyway have any of you read his book and if so, what did you think of it?

Or if you havent read his book, what do you think of Michael J Fox's fight for a cure? Is it possible? And what do you think of Michael J Fox now compared to the 80's and early 90s when he was at the height of his fame and notoriety?

dougal

Havent read it. All I know is that I used to think Michael J. Fox was the coolest guy on earth. Who's to say that he isnt still actually.

I haven't read the book, but have always liked and admired him as a person and as an actor. He was a childhood hero to millions - including me.

Haven't read the book - loved him in Back to the future and Family ties, and more recently, Spin city. Great comedy actor, and dare I say, a cutie too!

I think he's GREAT! To say you are "lucky" to have that disease is such a refreshing perspective, which you understand after reading the book.

I truly enjoyed the book. I admire his attitude and outlook, especially about his Parkinson's. I also admired his honesty, especially about his drinking problem. It seems like he and Tracy have a good marriage too- pretty rare in Hollywood.

My grandmother died of complications from that disease, and even though I was very young at the time, it was so painful to watch her go through that.

I certainly hope there will be a cure that soon. I think the work he is doing is wonderful.

I also haven't read the book, but Michael J. Fox used to be my favourite actor. :heart:

I have always loved Michael J. Fox.
He's from me Province, good ole Burnaby boy.

I haven't read his book, but I've always thought that Michael J Fox was a very likeable guy.

One of my grandmothers had Parkinson's. It was horrible- she lived with the disease for practically 15 years, but for a lot of the time she was completely out of it. I never got to know her as she was when she was younger- her mind was too far gone. I'm glad Michael's working for a cure- Parkinson's is devastating. I really hope his condition doesn't deteriorate.

Agree with you all.

Michael J. Fox is cool. He seems like a really nice, modest guy. And he's got a great family-from the articles I've read, his family seems very supportive and loving.

He's definitely a good actor, yes.

And I think his bravery in dealing with this disease, the positivity he expresses, all of that-is very admirable. He doesn't feel sorry for himself or go "Why me?" Just takes this head on. Yay for him.

I have respect for him.

I sincerely hope they do find a cure for Parkinson's disease someday soon-that would be wonderful.

Angela

I loved the Back to the future films muchley!!!

I use dto fancy him when I was younger!!! I'd like to read his book actually I might check it out! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom