what do you live for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no idea, I have feelings - love, respect, pain, honour, hatred - but nothing that I live for, I guess we are all just objects moving through space in time. Shadows on Infinite.

A universe of matter and energy, of fundamental forces described with the language of mathematics. Beauty in the world provides focus, the earth is itself an insignifcant lump of rock circling around a boring star in a homogenous bit of space.

Last edited:
music and the fact that if there are people worse off than me who feel like sticking around, i may as well hang around a bit longer.

Actualy, i asked myself that question a lot, not so long ago. And the answer is love and respect for others.

I live for my family. My husband and two boys. I remind myself daily that a hundred years from now it will not matter what kind of job I had, what kind of house I lived in or what was the size of my bank account. The only thing that will matter is the difference is the difference I made in the life of a child.

I live for a better life, to give good energy for all the people around me, to teach my kids how to love them lifes, how to be a great person and love them friends and the world.:cool:

IWasBored said:
music and the fact that if there are people worse off than me who feel like sticking around, i may as well hang around a bit longer.

I live for making the most of life. I don't want to look back one day and think I wasted it.

I wouldn't want to miss it for quids. Just the experience, all the experience, the sights, the sounds, the smells...all of it.
We all experience fear and doubt and grief, they can't be avoided and are part of the experience. But the knowledge of the beauty and joy that exists is enough to get me through.
And for me personally my children, my home and my dogs are my joy.

and laughter, like today, when I noticed that your green bouncy guy is wearing a black beanie

Tomer:hug:
:lmao:

to quote neil diamond - love and laughter

and

music
chocky
friends

having things to look forward to and getting excited about eg:

going on holiday soon,
new U2 album
going to the royal show to see all the baa lambs and piggies this week

i definately need things to anticipate. Im not an instant scratchie kinda girl. I like the build up and the excitement of things.

then when thats over I make new goals and dreams like:

want to go to Sydney and BrisVegas in 2005 to visit family
want to go to Spain at some point in my life
want to do that new years flight from Perth to Antartica and back and chase the dawn of the New Year
want to do that walk along the Andes
and Kathmandu
and the Bibbulmen track here in Western Australia

At the moment my goals are just to do a little bit more each day. :up:

:hug:

edited to add: i want to build my own house one day also. And I mean build as in physically doing it.

Last edited:
I still want my biggest dream(my only dream) to come true, one day it just might, but today is not that day yet....I have to work hard to get it.....

I live for life. I know it sounds cliche, but you never know what life will give you, but I've found it's always worth hanging on to see whatever comes next. Whether good or bad, happy or sad, I'm alive. I can experiance little things, like listening to U2's latest single, seeing a new movie or reading a new book. Or larger things, like visiting a foreign country, making new friends, or watching my nephew grow up.

Back
Top Bottom