What do you Like to read?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[color=royal blue]I mostly read poetry or music theory books.

I'm such a nerd......

And I love Thomas Hardy :)
[/color]

My favorite books are:

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Tess of the D'Ubervilles - Thomas Hardy
The Mill on the Floss - George Elliott
Middlemarch - George Eliot
Green Mansions - W.H. Hudson
The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis
Oscar and Lucinda - Peter Carey
The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Milan Kundera
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton

I also like poetry, particularly by Robert Browning, John Donne and Emily Dickinson.

I enjoy mysteries a lot. I'm not big into fantasy though. I sometimes read books about music.

As for the World in 10 1/2 Chapters, I had to read the first chapter (The Stowaway) for school. I haven't had the time to go and borrow it from the library yet, but it's on my 'want to read' list.

yertle-the-turtle said:

As for the World in 10 1/2 Chapters, I had to read the first chapter (The Stowaway) for school. I haven't had the time to go and borrow it from the library yet, but it's on my 'want to read' list.

Excellent!

foray

I like reading anything that i can get my hands on, especially history.antropology,politics and mythology books.

I've just finished reading The Da Vinci Code, which is a BRILLIANT book. I couldn't possibly put it down until the last page. :up:

ouizy said:
ANYTHING BY AYN RAND

Ayn Rand is a great writer! Loved Atlas Shrugged!!! And i just finished Fountainhead. OMG!

...also Bret Easton Ellis' "American Psycho" and "Rules of Attraction" are both good books, altho i enjoyed Rules a lot more. In American Psycho (you might get really sick at some moments and have nightmares), the main character goes to a U2 Concert and talks about Bono and the music. There is also a mention of characters in "Rules..." getting high and listening to UF...haha.

Edith Wharton is an all time favorite of mine: House of Mirth, THe Bucaneers, Age of Innocence, Ethan Frome

Must Reads: Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (this book makes me cry every time i read it), Cleopatra by Margaret George, all the Earth Children series (Clan of the Cave Bear, etc) by Jean M. Auel, "On the Road" and "Dharma Bums" by Jack Kerouac, anything Ayan Rand, Rice's "Interview with a Vampire" and "Vampire Lestat", "Neuromancer" by William Gibson.....there are just too many good books. hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom