What Do You Like to Eat For Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
What Do You Like to Eat For Dinner? What do you generally have to eat all 7 nights of the week?

Lately I've been really digging on Thai food, red beans & rice burritos and pesto pasta. Yum. (Yes I go to the gym and work it all off!!!)

Now you go ;)

I usually skip dinner, but when I do eat, it is usually a combination of salad and leftovers.

But a nice juicy steak sounds good too!

whenever i'm home, it's usually cos i don't have school. my sister and brother use school as an excuse to not have to do any housework, and my mom has real work and school, so i get stuck cooking dinner...

at home, we eat a lot of pasta, cos that's about all i can cook.

at school, i eat whatever the dining hall has that's edible. so i eat a lot of turkey sandwiches.

sandwiches and pasta...i know there are a few other things (like fish & chips) that i like, i just can't remember what they are...

we've got some kickass places to eat out here...really great chicken wings, buritos, and pizzas. but i'm broke, so i don't do that too often.

When we're lazy, mexican from the place next door, or burgers from Burger King.

On Saturday nights we go out to eat.

When I feel like cooking its tacos, pasta, steak or sausages. And always salad and rice!

And anything fried..... :drool:

I like nice, thick, homey foods like pasta, mashed potatoes, perogies, chicken, and whatnot. 'Hearty' meals, if you will. Although I don't get those too often.

Oh. Cheesy is good too. I could put cheese on anything and call it tasty. :|

I haven't had a freshly cooked homemade meal since Thursday though. Since then it's been Chinese food, A&W, and leftovers. Yeah, I'm healthy...

Fried food...:drool: :drool: :drool:
I tend to eat things out of a box. I have school, then usually some sort of meeting after school, so I don't get home 'till 4, and mom usually doesn't get home 'till 4 or 5, so its frozen food for us!
But I realllllly like the Olive Garden. Breadsticks...:drool: :drool:

At home, I like to make spaghetti, our special stewed tofu, chili, a variety of pasta dishes, etc. I looove pasta and tofu, so I almost always have one of the two. I unfortunately have a very unsophisticated palate due to my family's small food budget. :| If I eat out, it's usually Asian food due to the many high-quality, cheap Asian restaurants in my town. We have a LOT of Asian students here, so we get a lot of authentic stuff. :up:

I LOVE to eat nice dill deli pickles chopped up and dipped in cottage cheese (eaten with a fork). yum. I got more cottage cheese last night so I'm about to go get some.....

I also get those pre-cooked cheap chickens from the deli, scrape all the meet off, and throw it in random pasta or rice packages I make throughout the week. mmmm, Lipton.

I'm a vegetarian and I eat a lot of low carb food. :| Not much variety in my life. I usually have a salad. Sometimes if I'm feeling daring I'll make grilled cheese on low carb bread. :rolleyes: Or to mix it up a bit I'll make a wrap, low carb of course. But that's basically the same things I put in a salad so it's not much different than eating just a salad. I have no idea why I'm answering this thread. I eat the same things day after day after day. :|

Soup, stir fry, pizza...whatever is easy. Occasionally I'll just have a dish of ice cream.

Mon - Fri? - SlimFast Creamy Chocolate shakes
Sat/Sun? - CARBS!!!! Lots and lots of beautiful, yummy, starchy things!!! Bread, potatoes, pasta, rice...... :drool: :drool:

What we have for dinner depends on our schedules and what is on sale.

Pasta based dishes (lasagna, macaroni or spaghetti, pad thai)
Chicken (boneless breast and thighs) either stir fried, barbequed or shake n baked.
Shepherds Pie
Sausages/scrambled eggs
Meatloaf
Ham, Roast Beef or Steak
Fish (salmon, scallops, prawns or tuna)

I try to cook one new recipe a week that the mini fahs will eat.

Wednesday - Vegetarian Lasagna :drool:

Brown rice/ wholewheat pasta/ spuds with chicken, veg. I don't mind which veg but I really do like mushrooms, carrots and broccoli. :up:

indigo tree said:
Chicken ramen.

Actually I 'll have chicken ramen just about any time...

yes, let's not get into how often i eat that.

food glorious food

my dinner menu varies between seasons., which is happening here right now. I do not like to light the oven in the hot weather if I can avoid it.
In winter I do more roast chicken and veges,lasgane and stews and soups and the occassional cake.
In summer it's more salads and omelettes, stir- frys, BBQ's and fruit ( yum summer fruits)
and drinks , drinks, drinks.
I made the best pizza base the other night. Same recipe but I didn't roll it with a pin, I passed it from hand to hand. It will take some practice. It improved the texture and maybe flavour I thought.
Lasagne sometimes.
variations on Brunswisk Stew
I do a rogan josh curry pretty often , preferably with basmati rice and poppadums ( I wish I had a microwave oven for them, they are delicious but a bit greasy cooked in oil)
I do the Mexican Granmother's Fish regularly, fillets soaked in lemon joice , oilive oil, chilli, and rosemary...oh yum.
I do omelettes if I don't feel energetic or mushrooms on toast.

Preparation, cooking and the dreaded cleaning up takes some effort. I LOVE the preparation and cooking part...not the last bit though :sad:
oh and the eating :):):) flavour :)
My favourite flesh to use is chicken and fish
My favourite vegetables are potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, pumpkin, broccoli, zucchini,....ohh too may to list eh?

food :up:
One of my favourite TV series ended last night, "Food Lover's Guide to Australia." I'll miss it. Bravo to it's makers :applaud:
there last words as the episode ended
"...here ya go love."
:laugh: I love dinner time

arw9797 said:
I'm a vegetarian and I eat a lot of low carb food. :| Not much variety in my life. I usually have a salad. Sometimes if I'm feeling daring I'll make grilled cheese on low carb bread. :rolleyes: Or to mix it up a bit I'll make a wrap, low carb of course. But that's basically the same things I put in a salad so it's not much different than eating just a salad. I have no idea why I'm answering this thread. I eat the same things day after day after day. :|

omg isn't doing the low carb thing as a vegetarian hard? I'm a veggie too and also trying to do the low carb thing.

Tomer said:

I love vegetable soup.

I also love pineapple. I could eat pineapple until the cows come home. I eat a big tub of them if I'm buying food on the go and I go into the supermarket, they do lovely fresh fruit in little takeway bowls. It's really nice with a bit of natural yoghurt. :drool:

Stew is also good, as is soda bread (Irish folk love the carbs). We only ever stew during winter, it's mostly potatoes and is really nice and filling. Soda bread is a nice treat every now and then. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom