what do you do with your allowance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
hey guys, some time no see.

just wondering what you guys spend your allowance on from your parents?

do you find yourselves blowing it almost the moment you get it, or do you save it towards a new car or something?

lately, i've been putting it away almost weekly... it's taken a lot of mental effort to keep myself from buying a new rolex but i know each dollar i save will help me move into a (much :drool: ) bigger house.

by saving i mean, somewhat obviously, that i put the majority away. maybe something like 85 per cent or whatever, into savings. 15 per cent for "every day use" so to speak still goes a pretty long way if you cut some corners along the way.

so i guess you can all tell what ive done for lent this year! saving most of my money for the FUTURE.

but anyway, enough about me.

what do you guys and gals do with your allowance?

Zoomerang96 said:
it hit me again tonite when i went to withdraw 5000 dollars from checking, and saw the printed receipt indicating my more than bloated balance.

i mean, i'm by no means the richest person in town (pretty fucking close though), but wow do i have a lot of money. sometimes it feels good to feel good, you know?

i guess my question is for all of you who find yourself in a similar situation as myself (the rest of you should have stopped reading this thread by now)... would you trade it all in for a little more?

i can easily spend upwards of 6-7000 dollars a weekend when i'm out and about with my friends, spending money on shit like clothes, speed boats, pretty much anything i want - i buy.

it sure feels good feeling good, guys. it sure feels good.

so how much is your allowance?

well, it's enough, i'll put it to you that way. i learned my lesson in the last thread that people don't want to hear about my finances :huh: , so i won't make the same mistake again lol!

to be honest though, me and my dad have been talking a bit lately and it sounds like i might be getting a modest increase sometime before summer.

and it's only fair that i ask for a raise when i've been getting the same amount since i was 21.

Zoomerang96 said:

NO OBVIOUSLY NOT

frick

have you ever heard of a frickin bank?

BANK? Those people are worse than gravy robbers. Seriously.

PLEASE tell me you don't have a savings account at a BANK. You need to take better care of your riches.

zoney! said:

BANK? Those people are worse than gravy robbers. Seriously.

PLEASE tell me you don't have a savings account at a BANK. You need to take better care of your riches.

well then you can talk to my dad cause he looks after it for me, and i think he obviously knows what he's doing cause he's made it this far and he ain't turnin' back but he IS going forward and their ain't nothing you can tell me that will make me think toerherwise!

I wish that my allowance money train- which used to frequent the station of my back pocket- was still active. But, after our father left unceremoniously, my family (province) was left without the regular padding of our moral fiber (currency).

Goodbye, sugardaddy...

160X_cp_klein_051013.jpg

~ Ralph Klein

Pinball Wizard said:
I wish that my allowance money train- which used to frequent the station of my back pocket- was still active. But, after our father left unceremoniously, my family (province) was left without the regular padding of our moral fiber (currency).

Goodbye, sugardaddy...

160X_cp_klein_051013.jpg

~ Ralph Klein

:lmao:

I don't need an allowance ~ I have credit cards :dance:

Did you know that Zoomerang shaves with money?

A penny shaved is a penny earned, right guys?!

I coined that phrase.

Does that impress you?

i get an allowance fom my husband which i use to buy toiletries and essential grocery items. as he is the main, well, sole, really, breadwinner, he is in charge of the monies. he is generous though. if i ever have any left over at the end of the week, i am allowed to keep the remainder to buy more potatoes and shampoo and things. i find it invaluable in teaching me about managing money.

cinnaminson said:
He ALLOWS you to keep the leftover grocery money!!!

I couldn't believe that either. There's no way I would keep any change remaining from my husband's money budgeted for food -- especially to spend on luxury items. Clearly you haven't learned enough about money management, Angela Harlem, and you also haven't learned anything about being a respectful wife!

cinnaminson said:
I thought only children had allowances, not people over 21. You're trying hard Zoomerang, but just like your last bragging post you still come off as a TOOL.:tsk:

i know!!! i don't get an allowance anymore, after i turned 18 i just asked for stuff.
my parents just bought me a brand new car. :D

meegannie said:

I couldn't believe that either. There's no way I would keep any change remaining from my husband's money budgeted for food -- especially to spend on luxury items. Clearly you haven't learned enough about money management, Angela Harlem, and you also haven't learned anything about being a respectful wife!

I'm not sure you're being fair on Angela Harlem here meegannie. It could be that she and her husband are still in an early phase of their marriage, and that he hasn't worked out the proper dynamics here. I remember when I first got my wife, it took me a while to figure out what was best for her and how to whip her into shape (figure of speech of course, I don't mean literally - even though I came close once or twice hehe).

and I quote...my dear dear mother and my conversation back in the day.

me: "mom, other kids get an allowance. Can I get one?"
mom: "Do you like eating dinner?"
me: "yes"
mom: "I cook it for you! There's your allowance"
I've never had allowance and as soon as I was 18, I was on my own.

What is the deal with money all the time? I mean, yah it's important, but being rich, having a big house, nice car, etc. doesn't impress me very much. If you're rich, but you're a jack-ass, I won't like you any more than if you're a poor jack-ass.
But I'll be a low paid teacher...:sigh: so maybe I'm just saying this to boost me ego.

Zoomerang96 said:

and it's only fair that i ask for a raise when i've been getting the same amount since i was 21.

You still get an allowance and you are in your 20's :lmao:

wait a minute, I thought you're rich? :hmm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom