what do you do to stay fit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
heres my typical day:

wake up 6:am
drive and hour to work
sit on my ass at work from 8-6pm
Drive home another hour
come home, eat a little something
sit online till 1am

I am way too active these days.

I think i need a vacation

:sexywink:

Ali Rose said:
I am way too active these days.

I think i need a vacation
that's why I live only 15 minutes away from my work

I even have time to take a nap before I go online

i joined a gym last year, and i lost some weight, but i would always get discouraged because then after three months the weight would stop coming off. it just wouldn't go any further. so, now a few weeks ago, i get a phone call from one of the reps at the gym i signed up at, and he talked me into going back again. i just dont want my body to stop after a certain time. we'll see what happens in the future.

used to shrug 500lbs!

I finally started working out again yesterday! Gotta get my definition and my strength back!

so, for the past 8 months I've just been dancing about 5 days a week.

i have a pretty boring regimen:

i either swim,
often run--about 2-4 miles (i was once an avid cross-country runner)
and sometimes work out at a gym

...i don't care so much for extreme type sports

...i usually work out about 4-5 times a week. if i don't, i tend to feel lazy and/or lethargic.

I get up at 6.30 am in the mornings and do some wake-up yoga.

3 times a week I play badminton during my lunch break.

2 times a week I coach a judo class.

about 3-4 times a week I do some more yoga when I come back from work.

I walk to work (about 10 min.)

omg - now that I got it all listed up it?s quite a lot. :eek:

is there are life after sports ??????????????????????

you don't wanna know what I do. Id suggest getting involved in things that are fun though. If youre having fun doing something, just playing some game with other people, it's so much easier to work out.
you want a good mix of cardio and light weights (for toning and strength). I enjoy going for a run early in the morning or late at night to clear my head; I don't go too hard, but it's just great to be alone with yourself. Swimming is the same, and it's a wonderful sport that almost anyone can do and that is excellent for your body all-round. Both of these though can become tedious, so be careful, make sure you;re having fun at it because otherwise it's impossible to get motivated.

pilates are excellent, so is yoga, both are really hard, strengthening stuff..yoga teaches a lot of mental control too which is why a lot of athletes do it. But this is great for anything else too. Ive done some pilates though on my swim team and if you work at it, it can be great. Good luck!

Oh, I forgot to mention the pilates stuff...I have those Mari Winsor Pilates video things--they're good, pretty challenging. Pilates is fun, but after watching the same video over and over, it gets tedious. I suggest going to a class.

i run 30 min-45 mins aday.
everyother day i work w weights.
no junk food..only-
fruits
salads
rice
protien
chicken breasts
and
lots
of water..

so far i lost 10 lbs this month.

diamond
:dance:

i will post the new diamond pics dec 1st if Sicy calls me and walks thru this whole Snapfish post pics on Interference procedure..
I dont get it.:angry:

thank u.

I don't do anything.

I take walks....And Ill sometimes do some sit ups and push ups at home.

I tried Pilates a week ago. It was really good but I can't go back soon because I hurt my arm (not because of the Pilates, btw).

The benefits of pilates is to give you a good posture and it also helps with eliminating stress. It also gives you toned abs and a perky butt. ;)

when my foot is not hurt (like now) I run 50-70 miles a week. So since I can't run right now I lift weights a few days a week and get on the exercise bike here and there. On the weekends I sometimes do 12 ounce curls

I forgot to say..hub had his "beer goggles" on at the time..every woman looks like

the actress in terminator2

my g'friends are off to see Red Hot Chili Peppers next week. One of them told me she is trying to lose weight before then( oh dear) She said she had the stereo on and was dancing around her house. Her six year of son was watching and she said to him.."This is how 'cass' lost weight" He pondered that for a while and said 'Isn't there another way?":eeklaugh: from the mouth of babes
I have discovered the pain in my back is muscular, not my "black lung" as feared:ohmy: I'm not sure what a session with a trainer may cost, but in the long run , it would be money well spent I think.

cass aside........ a few years ago my friend's 16 year old daughter was diagnosed with lymphoma. That same week I won a 6 month gym membership. I asked the gym owner if I could re-raffle it on her behalf. "NO worries...make it 12 months" came the typical Aussie reply.
With a little help from my friends we raised $3000 for her( dinner dance and raffle) . So that was a good outcome.
The night I won the gym membership, I won 7 of the 7 raffles that were on offer..it was extraordinary!! Someone said "your mojo's really working" I have never known what "mojo" actually is (I know about Austin Powers mirkin..i don't think that's really what it is)
Anyway, I sure wish my mojo would work again...I'd like a gym membership right now. If I could have a selfish wish, i'd like a swimming pool. I am going to dig the old bath -tub out of the ground ( I posted a pic of it somewhere here...thanks to Anton Corbijn and ES for the inspiration) clean it up and set it up outdoors with cold water for the long hot summer ahead.Can't do laps, but at least I'll be wet:yes: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom