what do you do to stay fit? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-18-2002, 11:30 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:42 AM
Originally posted by U2SavesTheWorld
its quite hard to get injured while in the water.
Best sport.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:46 AM   #17
New Yorker
Local Time: 04:42 PM

Originally posted by mad1
My favorite workout is mud wrestling with pub, but he often won't let me because he says he's not that kind of boy.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:50 AM   #18
love, blood, life
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 12:42 AM

No banana and mango smoothie for u tonight!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2002, 11:57 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 12:42 AM
I walk.........

Yip im darn lazy
Old 11-18-2002, 12:37 PM   #20
War Child
Local Time: 11:42 PM

I believe the politically correct term is 'Oriental dance', actually.

Old 11-18-2002, 01:06 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:42 PM
I am the queen of laziness

exercising is against my religion
Old 11-18-2002, 01:14 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:42 PM
i like lifting the remote sporadically, but that's generally done from my bed, does that count?

i weight train and swim and mainly i row. rowing bunrs over 800 calories an hour.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:57 PM   #23
MacPhisto's serving wench
Local Time: 06:42 PM
I used to dance four, five days a week. Sometimes six. It was insane, but never boring. Ah, I miss it.

I'd dance now, I miss ballet so much, but classes are offered at night dowtown....which means I'd have to travel there, or wait around after school for four hours. Pain in the arse. My New Year's Resolution is to take more dance classes though.

As for now, I've been jogging every day, or every second day for a few months. Nothing much, just 20mins-1/2hr (about 1-2km). Now that the damn snow's here though I'll have to go to the gym and use a tredmill.....soooooo boring. Why run when you can't go anywhere??
Old 11-18-2002, 02:24 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:42 AM
I don't have any options except

I have had a big fright this year and HAD to do something. I was thinking the other day how active I was before I moved away from the coast and had children...no wonder I put on weight. I would LOVE to take up surfing,swimming, horse-riding,jogging, volley-ball and squash again.
When the boys were little, our favourite activity was camping in National Parks and walking the trails...we had intentions of getting all the gear and doing walk-in only areas when they were older (someone slipped on some rocks and injured her back in the washpool forest, didn't she? ejit...so that all came to an "end" so as to speak, they won't go with out me...the cook!)

This seems to be a good place for it......Fate......at the end of last year a family moved here from Tonga via Sydney and one of the boys befriended my son. He is SUCH a good influence, he is right into health and weigth training (plus he won the Principal's Award for Academic Excellence...allrounder and nice young man) My sons asked for a press-bench last Christmas and we have been buying weights as we can afford them. I owe a lot to Chris for the example he has set.
What I have realised this week ( much to my horror)is that at my age,and with my metabolism and body-type, it becomes a constant thing....I just have a couple of days off, no exercise , too many fags and I feel like death again. It will be a permanent constant effort to stay fit.
If I lived in town and had money I'd go to a gym and perhaps do tae-Bo or yoga or dance class or...........endless possiblility.
But walking is free and effective and a lot of fun if you have a dogfriend. Not so long ago I looked and more importantly felt,like JabbatheHutt. Hub said the other day I looked like the woman from terminator 2, so something must be working.I haven't started on the weights yet.

"Rover appreciates a walk around the park....
Go for a row, have a go
Be in it, live more of your life"remember Norm?
Good luck
Old 11-18-2002, 05:16 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor
Local Time: 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Lara Mullen
I walk.........

Same here Lara!

Yip im darn lazy
Old 11-18-2002, 06:33 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
I belong to a gym where I do weight training, aerobics, stretching, fast-walking on the running trail (but not all in one workout!), and end with a nice steam. Occasionally I take a pilates class there, too, but the classes don't work too well with my work schedule. However, I'm convinced that pilates is the perfect workout for me so I'm trying to figure out how I can do more of that. I am also a health junkie so I do a lot of vegetable juicing, fasting, herbs, supplements plus a predominantly vegetarian diet (I eat fish occasionally). But I will never give up Ben & Jerry's.

When I have the money, or when I really need it, I get massages, acupuncture, and adjustments from the Osteopath. Lately I've needed a lot of this, though...man, it's all way too expensive (except for the acupuncturist--best in town only charges $35!).
Old 11-18-2002, 07:06 PM   #27
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
ooooh!! i don't do anything! (and it shows!!)

well i do walk to and from class but i doubt that really makes up for all the junk food i eat. although the weird thing is, my migraine medicine (yay!! it prevents them so now i don't get them every damn day) is also a weight loss pill so i don't eat as much as i used to.

i plan on starting yoga soon though when i start going to the gym again in the new year. no, it has nothing to do with new year's resolutions, it has to do with the fact that money's been tight for me so i had to freeze my gym membership and it's being reinstated in january. plus, i plan on taking yoga next fall at university, cuz we have to take a fitness class. i'd rather take water aerobics, but i don't want all the britneys seeing me in my one-piece. free willy!

maybe i'll take water aerobics at the gym.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 11-18-2002, 07:06 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

Walking, lots of it.

And my dog gets in some exercise to boot.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:14 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:42 PM
I use to do Krav Maga - just not enough time anymore.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:24 AM   #30
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Originally posted by pub crawler
Uh, I eat coffee and eat pastries. And sit on my ass at work all day. I'm in great shape.
me too, except I don't drink coffee....for me it's PEPSI!!!