What do you collect???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
When I was young I used to collect baseball cards, lots of fun and it has paid off some in recent years. These days I collect CD's and DVD's. Currently i have 250 plus CD's and about 45 DVD's. Of course its hard to build a collection when you are broke all the time...:mad: So what do you collect if anything???

Honestly, I really do collect U2 stuff. I tend to mostly collect promo items (Staring at the Sun kalidascope, Best Of Helmet, that kind of thing).

That takes up most of my time. I do have quite a few DVDs and too many CDs but I don't really consider that a collection.

:|

Pengies :cute:

Stuffed animals

Books

I have way too many of all of the above and have NO idea what to do with them when I move to England. :slant:

Magnets..... it didn't start out as a consious thing to collect. But, about two years ago, I took a look at our frig and realized that I had magnets from just about every place I have visited.

I also collect U2 bootlegs and now VCDs. And I've found I'm now starting to collect books about them and any magazine they are in.

Stamps

I get free cd's i have like 300 :slant:

I have collected lots of books and junk like that too

I used to collect comic books. I still have them too with there backboards and bags so it keeps them nice and neat. Started back in 1989 and I have about ~500...

______
:wave:hopefully someone will want to buy them when it comes time to sell!

Besides U2 stuff...

Barbies! :cute: :happy:

335%3A957523232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D935%3D%3B96%3Dxroqdf%3E232335255%3A965ot1lsi

I haven't bought a new one for awhile though because I was spending too much money on them. :uhoh:

Well, this is so geeky and embarrassing it probably belongs over in Zoo Confessionals ...

but I keep all my concert ticket stubs in a notebook although I've never shown it to anybody. :eek: It's actually quite impressive ... geek factor aside. I was a concert-going machine back in the 80's. I can't believe all the people I saw...and the money I spent...

Bonochick, you could be my niece's new best friend!

I have answered this in another thread..so to spare u

stamps,photographs, plants,animal figurines.

Elvis Presley...do you collect Elvis Presley cards?( there's a story , I won't tell it!!) It's funny you mentioned baseball cards AND that you made some $$$from them. My sons spent a lot of $$ on USAbasketball cards at one stage, they have loads of them. I suppose I should keep them,I don't think many are of any value. I figure the Jordan ones may have some value eventually...to someone...(expensive colourful bits of cardboard imho Someone made a lot of $$$ from Aussie kids for a while there) They also played Warhammer for a while, that was expensive too.No resale value in the pieces. I am keeping them as sentimental ugly ornaments...all -hand-painted gruesome dwarves and assorted weird foe.

Piggies

I have a thing for pigs, especially potbellied ones, so I keep my eyes open for cute piggie stuff, my family has given me lots of stuffed pigs and figurines etc. I'm gonna get me a potbellied pig someday when we have a bigger house and yard :yes:

I collect postcards from places I have been.. or my friends have been to.. and I collect U2 stuff of course!
And.. er.. dust!

Re: I have answered this in another thread..so to spare u

cass said:
stamps,photographs, plants,animal figurines.

Elvis Presley...do you collect Elvis Presley cards?( there's a story , I won't tell it!!) It's funny you mentioned baseball cards AND that you made some $$$from them. My sons spent a lot of $$ on USAbasketball cards at one stage, they have loads of them. I suppose I should keep them,I don't think many are of any value. I figure the Jordan ones may have some value eventually...to someone...(expensive colourful bits of cardboard imho Someone made a lot of $$$ from Aussie kids for a while there) They also played Warhammer for a while, that was expensive too.No resale value in the pieces. I am keeping them as sentimental ugly ornaments...all -hand-painted gruesome dwarves and assorted weird foe.

Well, I wish I had some cards of the King, but i dont. I have sold many baseball cards however, still have thousands in my mothers basement that I will pass on to a son if I ever have one.:yes:

Used to collect stickers and stamps when I was in grade school. I even subscribed to this Stickers magazine. Then I also collected video tapes of the Olympics, especially the gymnastics competitions. :D

Now, I just collect cds and U2 stuff. I don't want to accumulate things. It's hard when I have been moving to different places and still planning to move in the next few years.

Last edited:
I've been collecting Vomit Bags(yes from airplanes)for about 10 years now...it's been fun collecting them. I had my high school history teacher bring me one from his trip to the east coast, a manager at an old workplace brought me one from mexico...
I use to stick them on my wall, put now there on a bag in my room somewhere.

Now I collect coasters from pubs, they're smaller and niftier. when I was in the UK, I took at least 2 from every pub-mom says I should put them in a frame...maybe.

It may sound like a broken record, but I collected baseball, basketball, football, and novelty cards from 1986-1993. I started amassing a huge cd collection throughout the 1990's, and today I spend my money on good food, nice drinks, and my girlfriend. LOL

Don't Laugh At Me!!!

FallingStar said:
Why do you collect barbies, BC? :)

I like to play with them...:D

I'm not the kind of collector who buys them and keeps them in the box...I tear those boxes open, fix their hair, change their clothes...it's actually a great way to relax. :)

I collect all things Star Wars.

I have almost 200 loose 3 3/4" figures alone. I also have numerous vehicles, playsets, cards, store displays, books, CDs, videos, toy lightsabers, stuffed toys, watches, posters, and so on.

I have an impressive commection.

I also collect a lot of U2 stuff, but not nearly to the same extent.

Re: Piggies

bonosloveslave said:
I have a thing for pigs, especially potbellied ones, so I keep my eyes open for cute piggie stuff, my family has given me lots of stuffed pigs and figurines etc. I'm gonna get me a potbellied pig someday when we have a bigger house and yard :yes:

an old room mate of mine used to collect pigs too. Hell, she even a little pig tat on her back.

I use to collect sports cards - football, hockey and basketball.

The last thing I collected was autographed 8X10 photos. I would take pictures at football games and practices and get the best shots autographed. Probably have 100+.

I collect turtle items. I had an extremely large tortoise named Horatio that I adored and so I started buying turtle stuff...I have tons. Stuffed toys, figures, shirts, jewelry...

Hockey cards, specifically Martin Skoula cards. I pretty much have them all now. I thought I'd start on Milan Hejduk, but he has way too many. I also have 2 Skoula jerseys--one from the Avalanche and his Olympic jersey from the Czech Republic.

Bambi statues--nice ones, started by a china Thumper I inherited, it's from when the movie first came out. I actually found a retro looking Bambi to go with it...

Elisabeth

I am such a collector! I always have to be collecting something. For years it was Breyer horse models.....until about 4 years ago (right around the time I became a U2 fan, actually) I decided to sell all my plastic horses and use the money to add to my real horse collection...I went out and bought a nice Thoroughbred (who will herself be contributing to my horsey herd in February :) ).

Of course, since becoming hopelessly enchanted with U2, I now collect their stuff. I am working now on their early and rare vinyl. My most prized U2 possession, I think, is the photography book that Bono produced after his trip to Ethiopia....hoping one day to get him to sign it. Now if I could just figure out a way to sell my collection and get a real U2..... :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom