What do you collect? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2002, 11:56 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:14 PM
What do you collect?

I was watching "the Incurable Collector" which got me thinkin (dangerous I know) .

So besides lint and dustbunnies (and U2 stuff, of course), I collect unusual teapots & mugs, Blackware (black pottery), and glass paperweights and objet d'art (and if I could afford anything by Dale Chihuly, I'd have his whole collection! www.chihuly.com His stuff is absolutely out of this world!)

So what do *you* collect?

Old 08-25-2002, 12:08 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 01:14 PM
OOOOOH nice thread

I collect stamps, postcards, birthday cards ppl have given me and articles i write for the newspaper

And beermats

And vinyl and cd's and posters and anything related to music

And thats about it i think.......yeh i think thats everything

Old 08-25-2002, 12:27 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i am a packrat. i collect everything. and don't throw anything away. my room is a junkyard... it s quite sad....
i used to collect beanie babies... and i've got over 100 of them..
i collect keychains, pencils and cds, jeweleryy.... fun fun
Old 08-25-2002, 12:30 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Fun Tshirts I dunno if it counts as collecting since I wear them all But I have way too many
Old 08-25-2002, 12:43 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:14 AM
I collect Guinness bottles, glasswork and cans. I also collect La Chouffe beer, the Bottles and Glasses. And i am a collector of setlists. I realy am a maniac about that. At every concert you can find me trying to climb the stage. The best one is the one of the farwell concert of Big Country.

Old 08-25-2002, 12:51 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:14 AM
.......I hardly throw anything away, but.... .....besides U2 thingies I don't collect anything.... .....poor one me is....
Old 08-25-2002, 01:25 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 09:14 PM
hey LM, where are you now??

cheesy snowglobes.

i have one from colorado with cowboys and indians in ski gear. it's my favorite.
Old 08-25-2002, 01:38 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by souLnation2002
i am a packrat. i collect everything. and don't throw anything away. my room is a junkyard... it s quite sad....
Haha. That sounds like me. I save EVERYTHING. I used to save ticket stubs from important things, like plane trips I took, or art exhibits I went to that were cool or, well, movies that I liked. Heh. I like to put the said everything that I collect into scrapbooks and whatnot, so it's a wee bit more organized and enjoyable to look at.

I also tend to develop these little obsessions (my family: little?) and then collect EVERYTHING having to do with the object of my obsession. I did it with the Beatles when I was 14 and now it's U2. Tapes, magazines, cds, boots, posters. You name it. I keep it and covet it. It works out well cause when my obsession wanes a for a wee bit, I can look back and enjoy all the cool stuff I amassed in the midst of my collecting frenzy.
Old 08-25-2002, 02:00 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes

Haha. That sounds like me. I save EVERYTHING. I used to save ticket stubs from important things, like plane trips I took, or art exhibits I went to that were cool or, well, movies that I liked. Heh. I like to put the said everything that I collect into scrapbooks and whatnot, so it's a wee bit more organized and enjoyable to look at.

I also tend to develop these little obsessions (my family: little?) and then collect EVERYTHING having to do with the object of my obsession. I did it with the Beatles when I was 14 and now it's U2. Tapes, magazines, cds, boots, posters. You name it. I keep it and covet it. It works out well cause when my obsession wanes a for a wee bit, I can look back and enjoy all the cool stuff I amassed in the midst of my collecting frenzy.
heh, thats me in two paragraphs.

i think i get this from my dad's side. he's just like me. you should see our gargage and basement... its packed. very neatly may i add. my mom is always trying to get us to throw some stuff out and me and my dad are all 'no!!! waht are you crazy???' so. ya, my mom sees the stuff as junk and my dad and i see it as treasure! lol thats my story!
Old 08-25-2002, 02:01 PM   #10
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:14 PM

Well, U2 stuff is a given. I also collect Barbie dolls...not collectible ones though. Just regular Barbies from their play line. I can't fork over money for those really expensive fancy dolls...besides...I like takin' my dolls out of the box to dress 'em up, fix their hair, arrange them in my Barbie mansion, etc.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 08-25-2002, 02:22 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:14 AM
Hello,

For me it is officially released U2 tracks. And I mean all of them! At this moment I'm still missing about 30 tracks (not that bad when you consider U2 have released more than 400 tracks (and this includes different versions of one song)). Finding them on bootlegs and on P2P networks is probably not that difficult, but I want them on an officially released medium. So if anyone has that Numb promo with the Perfecto Mix on it lying around...

Besides that, I'm also addicted to buying CD's.

In short, a hopeless case...

Marty
Old 08-25-2002, 02:34 PM   #12
Refugee

I collect :

- Teddy bears
- Birthday, Xmas or any other card that has been given to me...
Old 08-25-2002, 04:14 PM   #13
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 11:14 PM

Here's a picture of my collection...the pole is blocking some dolls though, and I've also made some new acquisitions since this picture was taken:

Oh...if anybody has some Barbies they are lookin' to get rid of...email or PM me!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 08-25-2002, 06:03 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by souLnation2002

heh, thats me in two paragraphs.

i think i get this from my dad's side. he's just like me. you should see our gargage and basement... its packed. very neatly may i add. my mom is always trying to get us to throw some stuff out and me and my dad are all 'no!!! waht are you crazy???' so. ya, my mom sees the stuff as junk and my dad and i see it as treasure! lol thats my story!
OMG we are the same person. My dad is totally the same way. My mom has recently gone on a spree to clean/organize the entire house. My normally rational dad won't even let her throw away wine magazines from 1975. He also has this old set of croquet clubs that he won't let anyone touch with the intent to get rid of them. He does not play croquet, nor has he ever played croquet. Aaahhh, irrationally obsessive packrats. Gotta love 'em.
Old 08-25-2002, 06:40 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
I'm a nerd

I like to collect coins...
old ones.....