What do you collect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The main thing I collect is shot glasses so everywhere I go I buy a shot glass and add that to other random ones-- lots of Detroit Red Wings, one from the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, one my dad got me from the Hard Rock Cafe in Pattaya, Malaysia [?] and one from the WWF restaurant in Times Square. [I didn't say I had to buy them in cool places]. I think I have about 50 now.

I'm also collecting the state quarters as well-- didn't realize Indiana was out yet. Must....find....Indiana....quarter.

i just started my collection of thimbles. i have a tinker bell, a dolphin, and a penguin. I just started so it's not all big (yet!). I always liked to collect things, i have some precious moments stuff, spoon collection, and small bells, but i wanted some thing that was not going to take a whole lot of room and not as popular. Although there are some thimble collectors, it's not as common as everything else. I like the fact that they have really cute designs and/or figures on top of a thimble.

well I obviously like collecting

'cause I'm back..
I just know that now when i am at an auction./market/sale, I'll be thinking...
hmmm
thimbles- jala would like those
shot glasses - sharky would like those
spoon's_dizzy's mom would like those
etc
etc...you get my drift

I have one of those minds that makes lists, especiallly at 3 am in the morning...arrgggghhh!!!!
it does pay off at times.
I take great joy in finding some affordable treasure, that I know a friend would like, some missing piece of a dinner set that they haven't ben able to find, a mint condition ACDC record, books written in Finnish etc. I love unearthing "treasure"...one man's trash another man's treasure.

So yep, collecting..

:heart: th it

Old cloths I guess. I have a closet and 2 cloths hampers FULL of old cloths.
They will not go away. Please make them go away.::banghead::help:

Last edited:
What are thimbles ?

And Bono-vox, i have some beermats here and i do not need them anymore. If you are intrested PM Me your adress and i will dump them at your doorstep.

Rono said:
What are thimbles ?

thimbles.jpg

So you don't prick your thumb while sewing!

Things I collect (or constantly find myself buying):

--Concert tickets
--CDs
--Magazines with Madonna on the cover (reason enough for me to buy even the crappiest fashion magazines, if it has beautiful pictures of Mrs. Ritchie in fab clothes, I'm in)
--Barbies (the limited edition, collectible ones, they are currently housed in three bins because I have yet to find my own place with a proper display area)
--Silver bracelets (in my opinion a person can never, ever have too many silver bracelets)

On the U2 side I am trying to get as many different versions of "Stay" as possible. I'm particularly fond of the live versions because Bono changes the lyrics almost every time.

Marty -- RE the "Numb" remix you're looking for, have you tried eil.com? I got the LP single of WOWY with "Luminous Times" and "Walk to Water." It is so beautiful I almost don't want to play it! The cool thing about eil.com is you can put in requests for out of stock items and they will look for those items indefinitely.

I was more thinkinh inanimate objects

I have been doing it for so long I kind of forgot they would be considered collections....but they are.
Cactus
Palm Trees
Bromeliads

It has been a very long dry spell on the east coast of australia, but even in those harsh conditions the bromeliads endure and are just starting their magnificent, weird and wonderful, spring display. I was just thinking what terrific plants they are.

And sub-tropical fruit trees. This past year has been the first time my japoticaba trees have fruited. Unique, delicious Brasilian rainforest trees:heart: And I am waiting for the black sapote to fruit(I'm told they taste like chocolate) and the mangosteen .
I sometimes think about my palm trees, that I bougth them here in the back of my car, there is no way they'd fit now, huge things....bit like my kids:heart:
see, back again...I'm a bowerbird:D

oooohhh and I noticed buds on the cliveas yesterday(despite my harsh division methos that i thought may have killed them)........spring has sprung!!!YAY
:dance: :laugh:

I used to collect comics too. But that was about ten years ago. Still have my 8 boxes. Hope they'll worth something. :d

MAJOR U2 collector, i especially have a thing for u2 pins...

*Magnets from the places/countries i visit
*Old classic literature with the covers falling off...my fave is a collected comedies of shakespeare i found in an old run down bookstore in bowral
*Concert tickets

im a hoarder, i keep everything.

-heart-shaped stickers. I :heart: everything heart-shaped. (hehe, see my avatar :D)

-Coins. Old or special ones.

-Mirrorballs. I hang them all in my room.

-Hello Kitty dolls. I think I have over 50 Hello Kitty dolls in my home.

-Postcards. Not necessarily sent by others, but I like to buy them and leave it blank.

Hm... I think there must be more... but that's all I could think of. :p

Back
Top Bottom